IW STi Forum banner

181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
What exhaust could this be?
My buddy just picked up an 06 sti from a dealer and the previous owner installed a catback exhaust with no name or markings. Since the bumper is melted from it not being installed correctly there may be a name on the top but we have gotten to cleaning it up yet. We think it's a cobb or cobb replica but it's pretty loud. Here are some pics:

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
That's looks like a knock off.

Never seen that tip before though..

Just thought I like to add that the JDM S203/S204 Titanium exhaust is quieter than the Cobb by a lot it seems. I haven't heard the Gnome one in person so I can't confirm that it's louder or quieter than it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i think the Invidia Q300 is another one to add. I personally know someone who has this exhaust and its a nice rumble!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey guys, I'm looking for the loudest and deepest exhaust for a 2005. Similar to P&L for the GR.
No Honda sounds. So far it's between the N1(but which version?) and hks high power. Help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interesting thread ;)Just wanted to say I've had my service done With Servicing Stop and they are really good! They picked my car up from mine on time, took my car to a local garage, called me up to confirm anything that needed doing and dropped my car back off to mine, all within the time they said! Quick and easy, would recommend to anyone who has a busy life or just in general!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like my dual tube Perrin cat back on my 05 sti. it's bit too loud and isn't too quiet. They most likely discontinued it because most people complained about fitment issues.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Necro post here but..
For the exhausts I’ve owned in my life, on my GD, loudest to quietest...

• Tomei Expreme Ti
  • Cobb cat back (modified for 3” flange)
  • Invidia Q300
  • Cobb cat back (stock with 2.5” neckdown OEM style flange)
  • Stock OEM exhaust

181 - 189 of 189 Posts