IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im really interested in buying an srs catback for my 2004 wagon, however i am not quite clear as to whether i need to buy a "wagon: specific exhaust or just a generic 02-07. Are there any differences in exhaust piping between the two? hangers? length? i thought they were exactly the same (although i could understand it if they werent) however when i called subaru the guy in parts said "he didnt think that they were the same" so i really dont know what to do. the reason im asking is because the seller seems to have set up plenty of generic 02-07 auctions, however there is one that specifies wagon. Also the wagon auction is 30 dollars more than the 02-07 auction. I dont have a lot of money right now so i would really like to make the right choice.
thanks again guys.

Wagon: JDM SRS CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM 02-07 WRX WAGON 03 04:eBay Motors (item 360152733814 end time Jun-03-09 15:21:56 PDT)

02-07: JDM SRS CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM 02 03 04 05 06 07 WRX:eBay Motors (item 390036255961 end time Jun-07-09 18:24:46 PDT)

·
Registered
26 Posts
i just purchased a buschur racing catback. it came off a friends 06 wrx wagon ( basically brand new). fitment was spot on.
the only thing i encountered was the first hanger coming from the front of the car was missing. not sure if this is a wagon thing, or buschur not putting a hanger on. anyways it fit perfect and sat perfect even without that hanger. i ended up welding one on anyways.... just for personal satisfaction. hope this helps.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I put the stock catback I took off my 05 sti on my 04 wagon. Fits perfect. I'm almost certain there is no difference. Even the exterior dimensions of the wagon and sedan are the same just one has a trunk one a hatch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts