IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i'm new to the boad, and i've asked this question to 3 local dealers in my area. How many STi are gonna be made in 2004???
i've gotten the numbers 1000, 300, and 265. if anyone would know you guys would, i ordered my STi 2 weeks ago and they said it would only take 8-10 weeks for delivery.
Is this normal or does it take longer??

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Welcome, I think Subie will make as many as there is a demand for.. 10k was the original figure I think..
See Subaru press release @ media.subaru.com

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Didn't see it in there anywhere....didn't look real hard either.

The numbers we were using/hearing since January around here was 3000 or so. But yeah...they said that about the WRX at first too.

·
Registered
986 Posts
10000 was the original for the WRX (02). I think they sold like double that. And the sales are still good on WRX's. My guess is after the first year is done the 3000 may be close to 5-6000. After all Subaru is out ot make money not create exclusivity. :)

Nick

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Well, we know that the STi is a lmiited production model in all other markets. Why would North America be any different? Conversely the NA market did get the different 2.5l engine. :shrug:

I hope that they keep the numbers limited. The word I got is that they changeover the WRX assembly line for one day each month to do STi's. The daily rate on the production line is 300 cars. I guess that means about 3600 cars.

Anybody have other info??

·
Registered
326 Posts
Everything I read and heard says

330 per month for the entire US.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my dealer also said that they where NOT supose to get any STi's but they managed somehow to get one on order. does this also sound normal or should i be concerned that the car might not come in till December?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I think that the demand has been slightly softer than expected in some areas/regions. I know that the west coast is still back ordered, but the east coast seems to have some cars sitting on lots here and tere. I think your dealer probably just got an order in quicker than they exepcted.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Xman said:
Well, we know that the STi is a lmiited production model in all other markets. Why would North America be any different?
It is? i know Australia for a fact they are selling as many as they can, if they selling more then expected the number imported will rise. not limited by any means.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
AGREED!!
My locals dealers saying they are supposed to get 1 a month, etc, etc.. But I seen like 8 go through their dealership already..
Subaru will make as many as needed or demand requires.. After all (see below) they are here to make money and not create a Lamborghini...
Just see Van Bortel dealership... They are a small dealership in upstate NY, have 20+ people on waiting list and promise the car in November-December, even if u get in line today....
Dealers are getting quite a bunch of them, my guess is we gonna see more than 3600 the first year...
We can probaly count all owners here/i-club, Nasioc, fastwrx, scoobymods, etc, etc and get like 500+ people right there...
Anyone got access to Subaru Quarterly sales report? They should definitely answer everything..

titsataki said:
. After all Subaru is out ot make money not create exclusivity. :)

Nick

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Yeah, I have to agree with the 'supply to meet demand' concept here. Someone in Europe compared it to a Camaro SS or something along those lines. If you want one, you can get one, but it may not be as simple as walking on to the lot, picking your favorite color and driving home that day.

Also keep in mind that the numbers might not be ceiling numbers, just more along the lines of a demand estimate. Let's face it, these are niche cars....most people won't want one of these. To say they are bringing 3-4k a year may not be a handicap, but a guess at the demand for the product.

T

·
0 Posts
SCCA Membership with Purchase of a new STI?

So far up here the Owen Sound dealer has sold 3 and currently has 1 sitting in the display. It's been there almost 2 weeks and is not moving. They sold the first 2 in Jan. (mine included) and the 3rd when it arrived on the lot. But the demand seems to have slowed down drastically.

·
Registered
467 Posts
My dealer told me 3,600/year. BTW, that's nothing! Consider this a very limited production car (if the prod. numbers are correct).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts