IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a fp20g with iwg and greddy boost controller, and i have no boost creep so far. What is the benefit of getting an ewg if i have no boost creep. Is it more HP, and if so how much momre would i be looking at.

·
Registered
745 Posts
With tuning, adding an EWG (vs an IWG bolt on) can free up 20-40whp depending on the tuner and dyno. This can be attributed to the ability to run less timing due to less back pressure and better VE.

Are you running a high flow cat? What is the temp where you are using the turbo? When it gets cold, and when you reduce back pressure, boost creep experienced by an IWG turbo will become more prevalent.

No way to know for sure if your IWG turbo will creep until you run it in really cold weather or you decide to lose the cat. Many IWG turbos do not creep so it's a matter of just finding out.

·
Registered
745 Posts
There's a great thread that this is discussed in on NASIOC, but I can't search for it right now since that site is down...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well, most likely you won't be seeing cold temps then. :) You have minimized backpressure by losing the cat and you still haven't experienced creep so that's good.

Just be mindful that if it's going to happen it will probably happen when the temps drop. Since it hasn't happened yet you at least know your car is fine in warm/hot weather while running a catless exhaust.

I'm running catless and at one point I was using a 20G with 7cm^2 housing. In the summer it was fine. Once it got colder in IL weather it started to creep by 2-3 psi. So, just watch it if you have a freak cold day down in the land of gators....

·
Registered
301 Posts
topshotta said:
thanks for the advice, i still might invest in the ewg setup especially if it will give me about 20 more whp
A little extra bonus on top of the possible hp gains is that an EWG dumped to the atmosphere sounds insane. But some people dont really care about that. Power is obviously the first priority.
I got an EWG set up on its way, should be here on tuesday along with TXS TBE. I cant wait to get it on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts