IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a WRX raced a new Evo yet... I was wondering how the WRX does against the new Evo.... Especially a WRX with the M2 package... im pretty sure Subaru gives the Evo a run for its money... Especially when the STI comes out... I dont even know if the Evo will stand a chance, but I dont think the STI is all its pumped up to be.... Theyll probably be around the same thing, just personal preference will determine who likes which car.... What do you guys think, and let me know if anyone has gone up against an Evo yet......

·
Registered
84 Posts
Personal preference will make the decision for most:
Do you want to be the fastest, or do you want an EVO?

ha ha, just messin'.

In all honesty, we don't have any numbers for the STi yet (concrete). So, we can't really say we are faster. But, think of it this way: we do have more power, and a six speed transmission. The more power is an obvious help. The trans could be a hinderance or a help depending on the gearing.

The STi's power band should be smoother than the EVO's, though because of the extra 0.5L of displacement.

·
Registered
281 Posts
An M2 WRX would likely take an Evo with little trouble. The M2 is a nasty car. I would say based on the numbers we're seeing on the Evo, a WRX with a Vishnu stage 0 kit ($995) will likely keep up in a straight line. Through the twisties the Evo should have an edge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts