IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Head unit and speaker installation notes.

Didn't know where to post this so I'm sticking it here. Got this forwarded from a friend who drives Solo II in a modded WRX. After I read it, I wonder if it's tha car or the drivers. Having done this myself, my bet is it is part both. With the Solo II courses hardly ever letting you out of 2nd gear, and with 3K RPM needed to get into the boost in the Evo, I'm betting the owners are finding it isn't quite as competitive as hoped. Just a thought.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 7:12 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [StreetTouring] Some big news from Petersburg

I was talking to Howard in Petersburg for a little while this past
weekend. Unfortunately, they are going to allow the EVO 8 into STX. It
should be officially listed in a future Fastrack. Apparently, the poor
performance the EVO has shown so far has been enough evidence to go
ahead and allow it into STX. Kinda sucks as I think that will be the car
to have. I guess I might have to turn that boost controller up a bit in
order to keep up!
-Tom
2002 WRX

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I haven't seen any EVO owners at our Solo II Events. I guess they are too busy drag racing and street racing to show up... :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
334 Posts
We had one show up for a test and tune, but not the autocross itself. I gather he wanted to get a feel for what the car could do. Another autocross right in town had an Evo show up right as the autocross was ending -- the guy likes to show off his car, not drive it. He blathered about drag racing stuff and lots of BS about his car. Said he'd try an autocross sometime but he didn't look too excited.

Hawaii apparently had 3 STi's show up at the May 18th autocross, and one participated (the other two may have still been in the break-in period). The results weren't so good, but the driver was a novice if I read their sheets correctly. He beat the D stock WRXs, but got trounced by the BS and CS cars, as well as the ESP cars, and almost all the Impreza's in STS and SM. I'm guessing that the "novice" part had a lot more to do with the time than the car, so we'll have to see these cars in a national tour or at least driven by some experienced drivers to tell.

Maybe if some show up at Evolution schools the instructors could get a good feel for the potential of the cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts