IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Just thought I would share.

These were posted on www.evolutionm.net by "MrAWD".

So... assuming these specs are true, Our STi will have more HP ?... Check out the Torque at 273lb/ft .YIKES... I hope the new STi we get has more than the old one's 253lb/ft that was in europe.

Notice that it comes with the Twin scroll Turbo.. HELLO SUBARU ???? Anyone listening ??

Here they are

US EVO 8 Specs

FMIC w/ water sprayer

Recarro seats

Brembo brakes

Rear diff is viscous

Center diff is in transfer case and is also viscous

Front diff (paperwork is a misprint and talks about the F
diff being in the T-case) so no info.

271hp 273 tq

1 version, only options will be sunroof, and an optional
down sizing of the carbon fiber rear spoiler to the OZ
one.

Under 30K (what ever that means) probably $29,999.99

Only 5K first year.

6 colors

27mpg highway

Sport ABS with EBD/traction control (electronic Brake
Distribution)

Inverted front struts (forgot to ask about the rear)

235/45/zr 17 17x8 wheels Yoko tires ~10,000 miles life

Synthetic oil only

Must have “evo certified” tech work on it or it voids the
warrantee

8.8-1 compression 16G twin scroll

5 speed with short shifter

Triple syncro 1,2 gear

Double 3,R

Single 4,5

Hollow cams and Mag Valve cover.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Thanks

If true, even if not true, I am sure Subaru will answer back with a bigger bang.

Subaru created this market in the US and Canada and do you really think they will just let it slip away?? ;)

Remember, our WRX has more power than the UK WRX. It is quite possible the Brits could get screwed again. :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alfred

I know about the PPP and you're quite correct however we do not have Prodrive offering anything here... at least not yet :wink: .

I am aware that Subaru will try to match or slightly better the HP rating but they also need to match the Torque numbers or come close to them for the US/Canadian STi.

This is getting really exciting and we'll all know everything at the Detroit Auto Show but here's hoping for the best!!.

Cheers :D

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Yeah...at least matching that horsepower will be nice....but how about that price. If they are going to come under the EVO price by $500......hmmmm.

This will be an interesting month!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CloNeGTS said:
Yeah...at least matching that horsepower will be nice....but how about that price. If they are going to come under the EVO price by $500......hmmmm.

This will be an interesting month!
:-? Are you WISHING it comes in $500 under the EVO?
Or did you read somewhere it is $500 under the EVO?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Worm mentioned a while back that Subaru was shooting for the STi to have 5-19 more hp than the EVo at $500 or so less than the EVO.

Again, just speculation from our boy Worm.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
STi SCCA Classsification

Hmm..

The two cars will be extremely close in HP specs however I think that if Worm is correct with respect to his MSRP guess for the STi then it will be almost US$2,000 more expensive than the base EVO (at less than $30,000).

Consider though that the STi will have the 6-speed, overall nicer interior, exterior and hopefully build quality. So the choice would be clear for me at least.

I wonder who would be the better performer ?... I can't wait for the two cars to be tested by the mags in a comparo. I think the two will be almost identical with the EVO having a 0.1-0.2s edge over the STi in the 0-60 department but I expect them to have identical 1/4 mile times or within 0.1s.

I dream of the STi daily. I can't wait for the day when I take delivery of one. I'm already thinking about a second set of gold rims for winter :D .

S

·
0 Posts
Well, the STi and the EVO VII were compared in the May 2002 Automobile Magazine. They agree with your evaluation of the two interiors and they complained that in the EVO the stereo was not heard at speeds above 100mph. But, the EVO cornered better than the STi.

We will just have to see what this next model year brings us in the way of handling improvements for the STi. Based on preliminary reports/rumors Subaru has dealt with most of the understeer problem, so it should be a very close comparison.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Plus I have yet to see a Mitsu dealership to go even a MSRP (in Calif), let alone $1,500 over invoice

Cheers

Nick
I would let Mitsu know. I know SOA is highly against dealer gouging for their cars..and I am sure the same can be assumed for the STi.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
SOA and Mitsu may not like this practice, but I don't think they have any control of it once they sell the car to the dealer...

·
Registered
986 Posts
JJ said:
SOA and Mitsu may not like this practice, but I don't think they have any control of it once they sell the car to the dealer...
Correct. It is a free market after all.
I remember Honda S2000's prices with $5k markups. TRy to buy a 350Z as well. huge markups...

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
986 Posts
I am working on it.

But first I need to sell all my mod parts off the WRX 8)

lol anyone with a WRX want a Garrett plug and play turbo new? :)

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
9 Posts
titsataki said:
TRy to buy a 350Z as well. huge markups...
You can get 350Z at MSRP if you place a factory order. Just say you want options which they do not have on the showroom car. I had a proposition to order Track version at MSRP with refundable deposit. I suppouse to put deposit down, wait for the car, test drive it and buy at MSRP or get my deposit back.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
chips make my day go BLAH

Guys

It would seem that the specs posted in the beginning of the thread are official. Someone at www.evolutionm.net has posted scans of the training manual with a lot more detailed specs including weight of the car and interior room dimensions etc.

So it would seem [email protected] and 273lb/[email protected] are what the US EVO8 will have.

Now I'm anxiously awaiting the numbers for the STi :) .

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
So it would seem [email protected] and 273lb/[email protected] are what the US EVO8 will have.
This would make more sense than the stipulated 250 if the Evo is gonna compete with the STi. Of course the STi's power is still just a rumor, but over 270 is a nice rumor!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts