IW STi Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,398 Posts
This is why I mentioned CJ's car as he has been running ID2000's for 3 years. It is also why I mentioned ensuring the fuel system is completely sealed (I installed the set in his car and went through the system to make sure it was sealed off from allowing moisture in).

I am fully aware that the ID2000's have issues, however, some precautions can be taken to help mitigate it... With that said, shit just happens sometimes. It is also why I am happy I have ID1300's now, however, I will be putting the stock STi injectors to the test with E85 as this is my 3rd year with them in and running strictly E85.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I run DW 850s on E85 for 3 years without an issue -- my current ID2000s are fine ... I drive the car and switch it back and forth to gas sometimes (when not racing) ... my issues are probably worse as I have my main fuel tank pumping into a Aeromotive Stealth tank (aluminium) which catches water from the air well ... I cover it with a blanket to keep it "warm" when not driving.

A totally sealed system will help -- but I still wouldn't trust a car to sit 6 months with E85 in the rails doing nothing ... unless your injectors have rubber valves ...

This is why I mentioned CJ's car as he has been running ID2000's for 3 years. It is also why I mentioned ensuring the fuel system is completely sealed (I installed the set in his car and went through the system to make sure it was sealed off from allowing moisture in).

I am fully aware that the ID2000's have issues, however, some precautions can be taken to help mitigate it... With that said, shit just happens sometimes. It is also why I am happy I have ID1300's now, however, I will be putting the stock STi injectors to the test with E85 as this is my 3rd year with them in and running strictly E85.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe a dumb question: If I live in a state where e85 is not readily available, how the hell do I get a hold of the stuff? Would I be storing huge drums of it in my garage? Not my ideal situation...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Maybe a dumb question: If I live in a state where e85 is not readily available, how the hell do I get a hold of the stuff? Would I be storing huge drums of it in my garage? Not my ideal situation...
I wouldn't even bother. I'd look into water/methanol injection. E85 goes bad if you let it sit as it attracts water and you're going to make several trips in the week just to fill up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I know this has been covered, but ALWAYS test e85 from you local station before running it if you lI've anywhere other than a mostly tropical place( hell, I would test it everytime anyway). The test kit is under 20$ shipped from amazon, and a MUST have if you plan on running e85 reliably

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know this has been covered, but ALWAYS test e85 from you local station before running it if you lI've anywhere other than a mostly tropical place( hell, I would test it everytime anyway). The test kit is under 20$ shipped from amazon, and a MUST have if you plan on running e85 reliably
This is why i can't wait to have my sensor and cobb kit installed. No more guess work!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah the Cobb kits are great, but they do add more work for the tuner! I run the ID1300cc's on my daily driver, on e85, with no issues other than a little 0vac flutter here and there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i saw, that some people use upper cilinder lube VP or Klotz. In my country i don't have any of this items, so i need the same products , please write brands

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just recently purchased my 2015 STi back in November, I am trying to familiarize myself with tuning this car. I was thinking about getting the Cobb v3 and FF Kit combo. Could I run JUST that on my STi or would/should I buy other supporting mods? Eventually I plan on adding other things but I thought of starting off with that. Also, I will be buying a catch can or AOS to start off with too.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts