IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
In case the tuner needed it. I am close to stock so the tuner did not need it. It is there if I do future mods though. I used 1000cc five o motorsports injectors which the tuner said acted excatly the same as a set of deautshcwerks that everyone is so gaga over. 350 shipped.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Good to know. I thought you were on stock setup for the most part so was not sure for the dual pumpst but that makes perfect sense. As for the injectors. I will have to give those a look. Never heard of them. Was thinking of going with 1100cc to give me some head room while others are stating that is overkill. Thanks for the follow up.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Crap with the cold weather. I have starting issues. 40 degrees and I have to crank on it for about a minute to get it to fire off and start. Any tips? I was thinking of putting a heat gun near the intake while trying to start it??

·
Registered
999 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Back from the dead. Anyone can chime in on whether having a aos be a good idea?
I run one on my STI. TMIC is nice and clean everytime I pull it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the responses but I was concerned whether the condensation that op stated would be an issue or not with a grim speed aos. Saying his catch can would be full of water

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get my 06 wrx to start better in the cold? it was 9degrees yesterday and need-less to say my car didn't start.
My parts list:
E85 on a reflashed ecu, no tuned (not even running full boost- 6psi right now)
Invidia N1 Turbo back
Stage 2 clutch

I apologize if this question has already been answered

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get my 06 wrx to start better in the cold? it was 9degrees yesterday and need-less to say my car didn't start.
My parts list:
Invidia N1 Turbo back
Stage 2 clutch

Since you know you need a tune, I won't mention it. You could try a block heater.

·
Registered
999 Posts
My parts list:
Invidia N1 Turbo back
Stage 2 clutch

I use a block heater or run 92 octane in the winter.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just wondering if anyone can help me with this, Ive been searching but havent found and good evidence about running 22-23psi on E85 on VF48 safely on stock motor ???

These VF48s ok to running boost thay high ?? I know its E85 and its a cooler affect on the internals but was wanting to know if the Turbo could really handle that ?

Cheers

·
Registered
999 Posts
Just wondering if anyone can help me with this, Ive been searching but havent found and good evidence about running 22-23psi on E85 on VF48 safely on stock motor ???

These VF48s ok to running boost thay high ?? I know its E85 and its a cooler affect on the internals but was wanting to know if the Turbo could really handle that ?

Cheers
Spend some time reading on romraider.com. You would be surprised what people do.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Zombied!! Im about to go E85 after reading this thread lol.. Sounds fun, as i read through this thread i noticed the whole catch can/grimmspeed thing wasnt really settled.. Would that be something i would need to get asap once E85 or can i wait off just a bit? I got DW 1000cc injectors and DW 65c fuel pump.. should be fine right?

61 - 80 of 113 Posts