IW STi Forum banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP UMM YAA- *Highway 1/PCH Drive and Photos

So I started a thread on a couple misfires I was getting (http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2-5-liter-litre-factory-motor/251496-first-error-code-my-12-a.html). I've been holding off on anything else until I figured out what was going on. Did a compression and leakdown and got great results so I'm moving forward with things.

Anyways, heres a small thing that I got for next ski season. Inno fairing with a winter urban camo wrap ;)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP UMM YAA- *Diffuser Overkill

Well this happened...
08 13 Subaru STI R205 Rear Bumper Diffuser Carbon | eBay

Really excited to have the Blacktop Aero and Byrson R combo. I don't know of many people who have both. I decided to go for the carbon fiber one because, well I don't know. I think I would regret it if I didn't.

This is the only pic I could find of the combo.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
I thought you installed it yourself... why are you at that shop? lol
I installed it there because I found out (the hard way) that the brackets for the diffuser hit the exhaust hangers. So I put the bumper back on and went there to modify the brackets.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You still liking the Tsudo exhaust?

drone much? pretty loud?

I've watched your video's, but not sure how it compares to some of the others out there. Just hate a droney exhaust!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
You still liking the Tsudo exhaust?

drone much? pretty loud?

I've watched your video's, but not sure how it compares to some of the others out there. Just hate a droney exhaust!
With a stock DP it is pretty quiet and sounds really good. For the money I think it's a great exhaust. I'm not really sure why more people don't use it. With my catless DP it is obviously much louder but not ridiculous. There is a little bit of drone and this is probably where having a more expensive exhaust would help, but if you are cruising at 65 it's fine. It's at 80 that it becomes pretty loud. I think I will get a new exhaust eventually but if I'm going to I'll probably get something more exotic like the Milltek or ARK exhaust. I just can't justify paying well over $1200 for an exhaust right now.

Cfenning has an ARK exhaust on his hatch and the drone situation is handled much better than this exhaust, but it is actually louder outside of the car.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Small update... I used up my last free oil change from the dealership so I decided to change things up. I switched to Shell Rotella T6 5W40 and I'm loving it so far. It feels like it turns over easier and is a bit smoother. I can't really tell much else about it but it seems like a good choice for me going into the summer months in SoCal.

I also just installed Hella horns today. I'll post up some pics and video of how they sound. They are very loud... I may eventually paint them white but I'm liking the red for now.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #132 (Edited)
Got a detail for the summer thanks to David at Watershed Auto Care in Simi Valley! Here's his website WaterShed Auto Detail. You can also look them up on Yelp and Facebook. David is an expert detailer. If you are as OCD as I am with your paint, you should hit him up. Tell him I sent you and I'm sure he'll give you a solid deal. He has owned Subis in the past and loves working on them.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts