IW STi Forum banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP UMM YAA- *Videos Page 9

ya that looks great. my blacktop aero diffuser is similar I guess.

On a side note, for anyone that gets a blacktop aero diffuser and plans on going stage 2, I would REALLY suggest that you put some gold tape above where the exhaust tips are. The exhaust gets soooo much hotter than stage 1. It would definitely mess up the clear coat of the cf.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP Hatch

Went for a drive with one of my good friends up here. e92 M3 vert with an intake, tune, and springs. Makes my car look like an suv. But I'll tell you what... the suv is wayyy faster in the mountain roads. 4,000lbs and 400hp doesn't cut it in the twisties ;)

Image Link
where was this picture taken I like the view of sf

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP UMM YAA- *New Plates

Nice shots! Berkeley has some amazing views up there.
Sure does. I think that there are many roads that rival those in LA but the magnitude of Prius drivers and bikers make it difficult to have fun up here haha.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP UMM YAA- *New Plates

I can attest to that. While I only got to tour a few with Evan, the Bay has some great roads but they don't have the car culture that Los Angeles does.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Eibach Sways

Today I installed some Eibach sway bars and set them to stiff front and rear. Such a huge difference!! I found that I was getting lots of sway with my stock suspension and the 265 Super Sports. Just too much grip. The sways have made the whole suspension feel stiffer without compromising comfort. So on that end I am happy....

However, I really am starting to get fed up with the stock seats. I have been looking at some Recaros. Any suggestions? I'm liking the Sportster CS seats in suede and leather with the heating function. I think for now I am considering just a drivers seat because of the issue with the passenger airbag. I also don't want something too aggressive since this is a DD after all and I will be doing lots of miles to and from work. Input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)
Camping in Big Sur and an epic drive on Highway 1

I couldn't ask for a better past 48 hours. I drove from Berkeley to Big Sur to go camping for the night with some friends. It was an epic drive along the coast on the world famous Highway 1. Here are some shots from the journey.

Carmel Valley/ Monterey

17 Mile Drive, Pebble Beach

Big Sur

·
Super Sakura Dominator
11,667 Posts
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP UMM YAA- *Highway 1/PCH Drive and Photos

That is like asking if you have posted on IWSTI before.

(OK not quite.)
Hey, that was a serious question. :lol:

Someone could live in Socal but never in their life went to SD. :lol:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #118 (Edited)
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP UMM YAA- *Highway 1/PCH Drive and Photos

Well driving 400+ miles on Highway 1 was amazing but today was even better. On a Monday at 9:30am I went to the North Gate entrance of Mt. Diablo in Walnut Creek and drove 7/10ths to its 3,900ft summit. The road is absolutely perfect. It would make an ideal hill climb event. I will have to post some gopro footage to do the road justice. If you live in the Bay Area you must drive up this summit. I would recommend going at a weird time. The road is busiest on weekends. I found the drive completely worthwhile when I made it to the summit and a bicyclist who was catching his breath from the climb said, "Bitching car.... I wish I drove.... I bet that was way more fun..." Here are some pics from the drive.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts