IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP Hatch *Stage 2!!

was the DP brand new? it wil have that new exhaust oil smell plus no cat smell...
Used. This isn't my first catless car so I guess I knew what to expect. I was in an In-n-Out drive through and my girlfriend said "you're car smells like a go-kart, I don't like it". So that's good right?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP Hatch *Stage 2!!

It's amazing how many shit drivers there are up in the Bay Area. I'll be posting a video every time I go on a drive. Here's the first one. Not the greatest video, but the next ones will be better.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP Hatch *Videos Page 9

Seems quiet compared to the ARK! :)
good! It's loud enough. It seems ridiculously loud when the exhaust is warm from freeway driving or pushing it. Drone is a bit of an issue.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

As a birthday present to myself I think I'm going to get a Byson R R205 replica diffuser. I already have the Black Top Aero CF diffuser. The fiberglass version is $180 and the CF is $310. I think I'm going to have to get the carbon one. I'd probably regret it if I didn't.

This is how it will look. This is the only picture I have ever seen of the 2 diffusers together. What do you guys think? Overkill or badass?

·
Registered
82 Posts

Thinking of plasti dipping my bbs rims as well black. How are they holding up? Any peeling? how do you clean them...just water or can you use wheel cleaners? If i do it and hate it, is it easy to remove and peel off of the rims?

Thanks for the help and nice ride. Congrats on Stage II!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #93

Thinking of plasti dipping my bbs rims as well black. How are they holding up? Any peeling? how do you clean them...just water or can you use wheel cleaners? If i do it and hate it, is it easy to remove and peel off of the rims?

Thanks for the help and nice ride. Congrats on Stage II!
Well my experience with plasti dipping my rims has been great so far. I did have the rims off the car when spraying them. There is a little bit of a learning curve. After watching a few videos on dipyourcar.com I got the hang of it. The better job you do spraying, the more likely they will hold up. I just drove 400 miles in one day going to and from Lake Tahoe. The roads were covered in dust, rocks, and debris and the dip wasn't damaged at all. No peeling whatsoever. I even hit the curb the other day and the dip did not come off. In fact, had there not been dip I'm sure I would have some nice curb rash from that.

As far as cleaning goes, it couldn't be easier. I wash my car and one of those diy car washes. I first used high pressure soap sprayer and then sprayed off the soap with water. Brake dust came right off. I honestly couldn't be happier with the stuff. It is also really easy to peel off. It's actually kind of fun, kind of like popping bubble wrap haha.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts

Caldecott tunnel ... My favorite place to blast through it as well. :lol::rolleyes:
The Posey and Webster Tubes works just as well :)

·
Registered
2,906 Posts

Webster has a ton of traffic. I wouldn't recommend it. :lol:
I guess I'm lucky to be there everytime there is very little traffic ;) At least at the Caldecott it's "safer" to go at higher speeds.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #98

we need to get video of a bunch of loud STIs going through one of these tunnels haha.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts