IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP Hatch *New Meaty Tires

Sweet ride man. I love that rear diffuser. Need to find it and buy it. Tonight. Why didn't you like the plate trim?! Was it by the same company?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Thanks man. The diffuser is from Blacktop Aero. I think they go for 400 new. Once in a while they pop up here. I might get their carbon fiber r205 diffuser also ;) the license plate trim was just a little overkill for me. It's made by Carbign Craft. Actually for sale now if you are interested.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Evan's 2012 SWP Hatch *New Meaty Tires

Thanks man. The diffuser is from Blacktop Aero. I think they go for 400 new. Once in a while they pop up here. I might get their carbon fiber r205 diffuser also ;) the license plate trim was just a little overkill for me. It's made by Carbign Craft. Actually for sale now if you are interested.
The more I look at it ad your I like it better with out the plate holder. I been looking all night ad day for that diffuser. No luck yet. Just gotta keep my eyes open.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

The more I look at it ad your I like it better with out the plate holder. I been looking all night ad day for that diffuser. No luck yet. Just gotta keep my eyes open.

They pop up every now and then on the for sale section but not too often. We need more diffuser options for the hatch.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Evan's 2012 SWP Hatch *New Meaty Tires

They pop up every now and then on the for sale section but not too often. We need more diffuser options for the hatch.
I must find one. I need a front lip. Skirts. Rear diffuser. All carbon to match the interior carbon kit I ordered.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

New tail overlays! I decided to do the red brake lights and added amber for the turning signals. A little different, but it is growing on me.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP Hatch *New Tail Tints

just ordered a Defi boost gauge! It's about time. No more using the AP as a boost gauge haha.

Now time to install my Invidia DP and Stage 2!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

While my winter rims and tires were on, I decided to plastidip my gr rims black. Since I don't think I'll be going skiing any time soon I put the summer setup back on. Tires are 265 Super Sports.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

How does the plasti dip hold up with washing the wheels?? I like the look
Plasti dip will no doubt hold up to washing them. It's pretty rugged stuff. The better question is how will it look after washing them. Not sure if brake dust will be easy to wash off with just water.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

I've noticed that mudflaps are a must with these tires, especially in the rain. I don't know if it is the width or because they are sticky but I hear tons of rocks being flung into the flaps inside the fenders.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Stage 2 Tomorrow!!

So I'm finally installing my catless Invidia dp tomorrow. Pretty excited. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
251 Posts

I've noticed that mudflaps are a must with these tires, especially in the rain. I don't know if it is the width or because they are sticky but I hear tons of rocks being flung into the flaps inside the fenders.
That's one reason I got mine and I like how they look as well
So I'm finally installing my catless Invidia dp tomorrow. Pretty excited. I'll keep you guys posted.
Same dp I plan on going with...I'm so ready for the stage 2 jump

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

I think a lot of it has to do with the tire. I noticed a lot more rock noise with the OEM stockers than my winters even though they are louder.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Stage 2 Finally!

Just installed my catless Invidia DP and am using the Stage 2 ACN91 LWG OTS tune for now. I really love the difference between this and stage 1. The turbo spools so much quicker. I really didn't like with stage 1 how there was a good amount of turbo lag. I've also found that I'm getting much better mpgs with the dp. I think that the turbo is just working more efficiently. I might not be able to be catless for too long. The smell is really bothering me. I will most likely get a catted dp in a little and then get a protune. What about welding in a cat??

Here's the first turn on after the install.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP Hatch *Stage 2!!

was the DP brand new? it wil have that new exhaust oil smell plus no cat smell...

61 - 80 of 133 Posts