IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP Hatch

Increases drag? I think it adds weight. :rofl:
I thought it would increase drag because texture of the stuff. It feels like rubber is almost sticky to the touch. I'm sure it's negligible though. As far as weight goes, a few gallons are required for the whole car. It's around 10lbs in liquid form. However, it weighs like nothing when it's dry. Pretty weird stuff.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

That is a simplistic theory I refuse to believe in. By that logic, orange peel or sticky tree sap would increase drag; but I see where you're coming from.
I bet you in a wind tunnel they do... We just do not have fine-enough testing to prove or disprove.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

I bet you in a wind tunnel they do... We just do not have fine-enough testing to prove or disprove.
ya I bet. Dudeee when you do a car wash in Gran Turismo 5 you go a little fastarr. So I'm sure the same thing applies when you've got crap on your car. :naughty:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

^^^Isn't that because washing the car shed the weight of the amount of dirt/gunk that had been building up on?
I think its more about aerodynamics. Smoother airflow over the car and less drag when the car is clean. Weight doesn't affect top speed much anyways.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Had the opportunity to go to a Christmas tree farm and cut one down for myself (well my gf, but who cares).

I drove to LA for my winter break and used this bad boy to haul a bunch of crap home. The wind noise was pretty annoying and got pretty horrific mpg's but it was well worth it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

Once in LA, I saw my friend Charlie and his WRB LOL

Christmas day was a little dreary in LA, but it made it a great day to hit up some of my favorite roads in Malibu including Mulholland Dr and The Snake, Los Flores, Piuma, and Stunt.

I think it's time for some sway bars and stage 2!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

Very excited to report that I'm picking up an Invidia catless dp tomorrow! Stage 2 is only a few hours away. One thing I'm debating right now however. I'm picking up the dp used and I am considering welding in a high flow cat to cut down on some of the noise. I am in Cali and too much noise/smell will land you a fix it ticket eventually. Any opinions?

Also, any opinions on this? I ordered this plate last night hahaha

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)

Few updates... I bought a catless Invidia dp and will install it as soon as I get a heatshield and boost gauge. Then I'll use the ots Cobb Stage 2 tune until I get a few more supporting mods and then a protune. I also just installed some yellow fog tints.... sweeet

I did get some new rubber though. I had a hard time finding out if 265 35 18 Michelin Pilot Super Sports fit on the oem bbs rim without fitment/rubbing problems, so I bit the bullet and just got them. These tires are so epic. There is so much grip now that I definitely need sway bars and a new seat. I'm glad I went with 265s too. They just look and feel the business.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

Here's a pic I took in LA

Here's one driving back up to NorCal

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

Few updates... I bought a catless Invidia dp and will install it as soon as I get a heatshield and boost gauge. Then I'll use the ots Cobb Stage 2 tune until I get a few more supporting mods and then a protune. I also just installed some yellow fog tints.... sweeet

I did get some new rubber though. I had a hard time finding out if 265 30 18 Michelin Pilot Super Sports fit on the oem bbs rim without fitment/rubbing problems, so I bit the bullet and just got them. These tires are so epic. There is so much grip now that I definitely need sway bars and a new seat. I'm glad I went with 265s too. They just look and feel the business.

Image Link

Image Link

Image Link

Image Link
I hope you mean 265/35 little man! :busted::busted::busted::busted::busted::crash: :smash: :crash: :smash:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP Hatch *BBS Winter Setup!

Winter setup is on!

I picked up 4 used Blizzaks and a set of GD Gold BBS rims. Feels good enough to daily drive. Going up to Tahoe this weekend. I'll be sure to get some good snowy SWP pictures ;)

So glad I got a hatchback. 4 tires and 4 rims with tires in the trunk. damn son

I also installed my new Moddiction shift knob. Very impressed with the quality over my old Flossy knob. The thread is actually metal so it doesn't wear out, it sits much lower, and I think that the shift action is better (possible better weight distribution?). I also can now see the shift knob at night which is a plus and it also matches the exterior of the car.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Re: Evan's 2012 SWP Hatch *New Meaty Tires

While I have the winter setup on, I decided to dip my GR BBS rims black. I must say they look pretty good. I like the fact that they reflect some light so it's not completely matte looking. I'll post some pics when they are mounted.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Evan's 2012 SWP Hatch *New Meaty Tires

Sweet ride man. I love that rear diffuser. Need to find it and buy it. Tonight. Why didn't you like the plate trim?! Was it by the same company?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 133 Posts