IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Re: Envy the flared STI and the 700 HP 8374 Build

Thoughts are changing on the build as far as turbo setup go. So once we know for sure what we are doing we will update this.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts

Thoughts are changing on the build as far as turbo setup go. So once we know for sure what we are doing we will update this.

Very smart IMO.

The current turbo will only suit very high speed tracks in which you are already disadvantaged due to brick wall aerodynamics.

This is Jäger Racings dyno (7163):

And this is a 7064:

·
Registered
52 Posts

Give me me my 2 appointments!

Haha small world. Fellow 8411 from the San Francisco Bay here. 9 months left until I'm back in the fleet! Semper Fi

·
Registered
17 Posts

So it looks like these are on a 2008. How was the install? Did they match up fine?

·
Registered
936 Posts

What fuel will you be using? The EFR7670 from my experience has excellent spool and useable midrange power. :tup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

The flares come from either Ht Autos or from SMY Performance. They are for a 2011+ sedan. You want to probaly cut about an inch of metal off the cars fenders to allow room for the wheel to travel. The front will mount up just fine and all 4 of the fender flares fit nice and follow the cars lines. In the back you want to cut about 2 inches off the fender flare cause the hatches rear bumper is shorter than the the sedans. Its a pretty straight forward thing to do the kit comes with pop in rivets to drill into the car and mount them with. They are extremely strong you can grab them and pull them they are solid and dont move at all. I have no idea if this helps or not I didnt take any pictures while I was doing it.

So it looks like these are on a 2008. How was the install? Did they match up fine?

·
Registered
17 Posts

The flares come from either Ht Autos or from SMY Performance. They are for a 2011+ sedan. You want to probaly cut about an inch of metal off the cars fenders to allow room for the wheel to travel. The front will mount up just fine and all 4 of the fender flares fit nice and follow the cars lines. In the back you want to cut about 2 inches off the fender flare cause the hatches rear bumper is shorter than the the sedans. Its a pretty straight forward thing to do the kit comes with pop in rivets to drill into the car and mount them with. They are extremely strong you can grab them and pull them they are solid and dont move at all. I have no idea if this helps or not I didnt take any pictures while I was doing it.
Yeah that helped a lot! I'm thinking about doing this on my hatch as well, but still on the fence. It's a mod where once you do it, you can't go back!:confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Re: Envy the flared STI and the 700 HP Build

Finally after months and almost a year of bouncing back and forth mainly between the bank account and what I want. Lol the final.turbo decision is an EFR 7670.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts