IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to bring my car to the track, but I have never been to one. If anyone has any experience with Englishtown, ATCO or Lebanon Valley, which would be the best one for a complete n00b.:scurred: I;m looking for the most friendly atmosphere where I might get cut some slack for looking like a a-hole. :lol:

Lebanon Valley is 1.5 hours away, Englishtown is 2 hours and ATCO is the farthest. I'd be willing to drive to any of them. Thanks.

P.S. Do any of these tracks offer instructional days?

·
Registered
896 Posts
I doubt they'd offer instructional days. Your best bet would just be to get real good driving the car. Master you launching, your shifting, and your overall driving. Then just head down to any of the tracks you just listed and run your heart out. You'd be suprised, but once you line up on the track, all the people watching you seem to disappear, and your in your own little world. Chances are that in your first few runs, you won't even see the car in the lane next to you until your down the track and the adrenaline starts wearing off.

Dont worry about looking like an asshole. Just remember that your on the track, and they are watching from the bleachers. The guys who are racing that day will understand that your new, because at one time they were new. The ones who laugh are just dicks..dont worry about them.

JUST PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO, DONT PULL UP TO THE TREE!!!!!

Go out, have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am confident in my driving ability - I've been doing it for over 20 years. I am just not sure of the actual procedures and what not. I wish I had someone to go with me that has track experience. Maybe I will just go and watch a few times.

·
Registered
68 Posts
lebanon valley is really layed back wich is nice, you dont need a helmet if you dont want to wear one and so on, plus you get a hell of alot more runs then you will at Etown or atco.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
99subi said:
lebanon valley is really layed back wich is nice, you dont need a helmet if you dont want to wear one and so on, plus you get a hell of alot more runs then you will at Etown or atco.
Well that's the closest one to me. I wonder if they would let me run my convertible Mustang. I figured that I'd get one pass and they'd tell me I need a cage (I'm confident it would run quicker than 13.0). I will have tp check out their schedule. Thanks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does Lebanon Valley have a schedule? Their website is useless.

·
Banned
233 Posts
what do you mean just dont pull up to the tree? you mean just dont pull up to the line? you mean smoke the tires up to the line or somthing? i dont get it i guess im stupid

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
The best track to learn at is the one thats closest to your house IMO. The only real factor between these is that you will get the least amount of runs for the most amount of money from Englishtown. I have a number of buddies who prefer Atco because of this. I have never been to Lebanon Valley so dont know. But if this is the closest find out which nights are test and tunes, or street nights and take your car and run it. Dont be afraid to suck it up for your first few runs. Its all about learning and having fun.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Myself and a couple of members are more then likely heading to e-town this coming friday if weather is good.

·
Banned
233 Posts
Im going to E-Town this wednesday night if anyone wants to go...i think another person from clubwrx is going with me...

·
Registered
370 Posts
I learned to drag race my old car at ATCO. Went with some friends it was always a good time. Never had super long waits but I guess it depends on the night/event

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Um, there's a schedule and everything on the Lebanon Valley Dragway website.

There aren't many days left. They stopped running Wednesday nights, but are still running on Saturdays. This saturday there is a special event for older cars, though. There is a $70 open track rental there tomorrow, and also on Oct 27th. The final test n tune days are Saturday/Sunday the 28/29th.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I went to Island dragway as well and you get alot of runs and friendly people .Its the closest in the nnj area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts