IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
6 episodes (Ep.5 is in 3 parts), approx 45mins each (approx total 270mins or 4.5hrs). (Not English atm)

Episode 1 - Monte Carlo

Episode 2 - Sweden

Episode 3 - Argentina

Episode 4 - Germany and Finland

Episode 5 - Japan
PART 1
Part 2
Part 3

Episode 6 - Wales

credited uploader: MrTreminuti, RacingHeritage, Solberg77, SportsRally

credited contents: Discovery Channel's Engineering the World Rally DVD

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'd be awesome if something like this was done for every significant year of the team, or even on Ford (maybe Citroen too, but they keep on winning).

The director of this series did a great job. Every time I watch it, I keep thinking there's a chance Subaru will win. :lol:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed it.

Is anybody aware of the existance of a WRC STI engine bay walkthrough ? It would be cool to get a more technical description of how the setup differ from the road car than what is discussed in the discovery video

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed it.

Is anybody aware of the existance of a WRC STI engine bay walkthrough ? It would be cool to get a more technical description of how the setup differ from the road car than what is discussed in the discovery video
I've done a lot of searching before, but could not find anything that is remotely similar to what you are looking for. It's mostly because season after season and round after round the specs change in the car, so there is no "even ground" on the specs.

What you could try to do if you like solving puzzles is theoretically try and replicate the car based on pictures, performance figures, and brand sponsors, which I would totally do if I had the money and race it.

Another way is going to the site that sells Impreza WRC spares (forgot what the site is called) and put the car together based on what parts were available and customize/substitute the rest.

Or find and meet David Lapworth or Paul Howarth. I doubt Prodrive would release all of their vital secrets in the public. They are a competitive motorsport company afterall.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've done a lot of searching before, but could not find anything that is remotely similar to what you are looking for. It's mostly because season after season and round after round the specs change in the car, so there is no "even ground" on the specs.

What you could try to do if you like solving puzzles is theoretically try and replicate the car based on pictures, performance figures, and brand sponsors, which I would totally do if I had the money and race it.

Another way is going to the site that sells Impreza WRC spares (forgot what the site is called) and put the car together based on what parts were available and customize/substitute the rest.

Or find and meet David Lapworth or Paul Howarth. I doubt Prodrive would release all of their vital secrets in the public. They are a competitive motorsport company afterall.
Home - Subaru WRC Spares Ltd
I end up going there alot to look at all the cool things. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts