IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am a new owner of a STI 2002 and unfortunaltey did not get any manual with the car and also do not know much about these cars.

The engine warning light is staying on (not a good sign) and would like some assistance on what to check

Thanks for any help you can provide

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
is it modified? It could be as simple as a catless system or intake or somethin? Put up some pics if you get a chance.

Robert~

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stiperformance said:
For starters, you should pull the check engine light(CEL) code and see what is causing it. It could be something simple.
Thanks for your response and please bear with me as I really do not know anything about these cars.

What is the CEL code. Right now, the light is just staying on. I checked the fluids and all are OK. What else should I do

·
Registered
779 Posts
Take it to a local auto parts chain and have them pull the code for you to get started on your troubleshooting. If they don't have one, take it to your dealer. They will plug a scan tool in the OBD-II(on board diagnostics) port to retrieve the CEL code. From there, there is a diagnostic list of various codes. Match the code and go from there. Might need to visit the dealer if its serious. With you saying you don't know anything about these cars, might be wise to have the dealer look at it. The CEL can be triggered by something as simple as not tightening the gas cap!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
swaggy said:
stiperformance said:
For starters, you should pull the check engine light(CEL) code and see what is causing it. It could be something simple.
Thanks for your response and please bear with me as I really do not know anything about these cars.

What is the CEL code. Right now, the light is just staying on. I checked the fluids and all are OK. What else should I do
again is it modified?

Robert~

Also try resetting the ecu and see if it comes back *remove - battery cable and mashing brake 10 times *

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know that if you put in a downpipe in the car, the engine lights will stay on whenever you turn on your car.. that might be the reasons for the engine lights being on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts