IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Haven't a clue where the best place to ask this would be so, any members using 98RON had a problem starting their car after parking for short periods?

I would tend to believe the cause was flooding if it weren't fuel injected. I wonder if this is caused by 'vapour lock'? If so, what is a remedy? :p

EDIT: Ok, obviously this is due to heat within engine bay. Also, fuel line being close to heated engine parts etc but, wouldn't think lines were close to exh mani or such?

Going to go over line position this morning.

Found a good temporary trick. Use wooden pegs on fuel lines to act as heat sinks, esp where line is closest to heat source. Will try this as the weather is getting warmer here in OZ (start of summer)

Another is open the bonnet for a few mins before starting after short trips.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We don't have different seasonal fuels. 98RON is the highest octane & these B4 cars were sold here already detuned for our fuel grade.

It may be the heat soak on fuel lines as they are close & run under the intake manifold?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, seems I have sorted this prob. Used an ol' trick to clean the upper cylinder parts etc & used another fuel additive. It would appear my economy has improved also.

Will confirm this once I know the fuel usage this time round when I refill tank. Will post details of what I did then

1 - 4 of 4 Posts