IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 05 has been making alot of noise coming from the rear in the past 2 days. today i checked out the rear suspension to see if i could find anything wrong (I thought it was the rear strut noise) but to my suprise the endlinks are bent to ****. Its so bad the the links are rubbing the lateral arm and have even engraved it real bad. My question is this, what could have caused this?? I have 4300 miles on the car and i have been dropped w/gf210's for about 2k and i never noticed anything. Will the drop cause the links to bend?? also do u guys think my dealer will warranty this since its dropped?? i hope so, it only has 4k. LMK what u guys think. Thanks

also i noticed that the endlinks sit under the bar, isnt it suppose to on top??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Convoy said:
anybody??
Oh yeah. The stock endlinks are garbage for the rear. I recommend Kartboys. They will keep your sway from flipping. The fronts SHOULD be ok. I had my sway bar flip after I upgraded to pinks and bigger sways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Convoy said:
My 05 has been making alot of noise coming from the rear in the past 2 days. today i checked out the rear suspension to see if i could find anything wrong (I thought it was the rear strut noise) but to my suprise the endlinks are bent to ****. Its so bad the the links are rubbing the lateral arm and have even engraved it real bad. My question is this, what could have caused this?? I have 4300 miles on the car and i have been dropped w/gf210's for about 2k and i never noticed anything. Will the drop cause the links to bend?? also do u guys think my dealer will warranty this since its dropped?? i hope so, it only has 4k. LMK what u guys think. Thanks

also i noticed that the endlinks sit under the bar, isnt it suppose to on top??

Oh yeah and your bar sounds like it's flipped. Get the links fast. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do u think my dealer will warranty them, i dont have the cash right know, i can however get them in 2-3 weeks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
+1 for garbage stock endlinks. Don't even bother getting them waranteed 'cause they'll bend again, unless you REALLY can't manage the money for the KB's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i cant manage it right now, i can order them in about 2-3 weeks but i need to fix this ASAP so im planning on taking it to the dealer tomorrow. hopefully they warranty them
 

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
Joined
·
9,936 Posts
if at somepoint you lifted one of the rear wheels off the ground going over a bump or even when lowering the car down from a jackstand it can cause your swaybar to flip and bend the endlink. not sure if subaru will warranty them, it's probably a crap shoot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,669 Posts
wow! I keep hearing about this but it hasnt happened to me. Are the links aligned correctly at rest? I have COBB swaybars and Cusco Zero 2R coilovers and track my car regularly with no issues. I love bouncing onto two wheels and the stock endlinks are still working fine after 18K miles.

Being lowered, i doubt that the dealer will help you. My dealer wanted to void my entire warranty due to a COBB heatshield, they didnt even notice the DP!

What makes KB's better? Just stronger or some kind of better geometry etc?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
mxpop said:
What makes KB's better? Just stronger or some kind of better geometry etc?
MUCH stronger (like, its funny to see the KB and stock side by side), plus a little longer than stock to combat the tendency to flip the sway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well the dealer said that the endlinks arnt covered by the warrany because they arnt suppose to bend on themselves. they said that the only way that it could have happened was if i hit something that made them bend. they only cover defects. I told them that those tiny endlinks were bending left in right in the subby comminity and he said that this was the 1st case he'd ever seen. bottom line subaru warranty is a joke. I just picked up a pair of whitline links and i will replace them tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
well you don't want stock endlinks anyway, it will happen again.
get kartboy endlinks. trust me same thing happened to me and im so glad that i got the kartboy ones
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea, i picked up a set of whitlines endlinks and they look 100x better then the stockers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Convoy said:
well the dealer said that the endlinks arnt covered by the warrany because they arnt suppose to bend on themselves. they said that the only way that it could have happened was if i hit something that made them bend. they only cover defects. I told them that those tiny endlinks were bending left in right in the subby comminity and he said that this was the 1st case he'd ever seen. bottom line subaru warranty is a joke. I just picked up a pair of whitline links and i will replace them tomorrow.
You're better off with the aftermarket E/Ls anyway, but if that happens again call SOA. Its often not Subaru's fault, but individual dealers being jackasses. Some dealers are great about warantee coverage.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top