IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is so much out there!!! its a little overwhelming. would those a little more knowledgeable than I please explain a few of these in somewhat layman terms (im intelligent, but am not an engineer), and also suggest a few resources where I can find information as well?
At the moment im about to invest in some carbon fiber strut bars, and possibly some end links. what other suspension parts would add "significant" improvements like the strut bars?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Yeah....I've heard several people who have purchased strut braces for the STi 'swear' they feel a difference. I dunno....they aren't real high on my list of mods. Strut braces wouldn't be the first place I put my money though. All the other stuff....yeah, very cool. There are a lot of threads regarding the trailing arms and lateral links on NASIOC. All future mods for me.

I think I'm going to pick up a rear sway bar to try out here sometime, just to see how she behaves. The STi springs will come eventually too, again just to try and get a little nervousness out of the system. And then the rest will come....nice and slow. I like to enjoy mods one at a time!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
It is very difficult to suggest chassis modifications without understanding the objectives, and writing information on these items take several books :)

What is it that you want to accomplish? When you say "significant improvement", which areas do you want to tackle?

·
Registered
541 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
The STi springs will come eventually too, again just to try and get a little nervousness out of the system.
What, we don't already have STi springs? It's a freakin' STi! I think it sucks that you have to buy more STi stuff to make your STi handle like a STi should.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Seller's Market for STI OEM BBS Rims?

Just another step......but yes, I agree.

It's kinda sad to see our springs sold next to the STi lowering springs and the description on our stockers is "a nice compromise of handling and comfort." WTF. I don't actually care to lower the car, but I want that handling edge.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i agree that having goals in mind would help people give you advice.

remember that the impreza is a pretty well designed chassis. the front and rear strut towers are very close to re-inforcing members. obviously if you're really interested in handling the car can never be stiff enough, but imho strut bars are pretty much a cosmetic mod on these cars.

suspension mods are really based on driving style, what works for one person might be a nightmare for someone else. think about waht you want your car to do. if you just want to spend money then go through the STi catalogue and knock yourself out. there's a lot of really cool stuff to be had if you have the cash. it might not make you any faster, but you'll get massive parking lot cred.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts