IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emissions is coming, need a hookup to pass. any?
Car totally catless, will spend cash.
Thank..........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank 4 reply, i'm in wheaton MD. No CEL unless drive very hard, because of untuned, i've guess. Car is runing w/ unichip so i can clear cel by a switch. any way let see the first emissions station....

kts262 said:
Might be helpful to tell us what state/area you are in.

Most places (at least in MD) dont even look at your exhaust, they just plug the ODB-II scanner into the car, if there are no CELs your golden.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've had good luck with several cars over the years in MD (montgomery county).

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
Buy a tactrix cable and use Enginuity and ECUFlash to reflash your stock ECU with those codes disabled. Simple as that. It will take you about 5 minutes and it will only cost you $80. But, you also gain a fully functional tuning solution too.

Heck - sell your unichip to pay for the Tactrix cable. It's a much much much better solution than the unichip ... by FAR.

t

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sound interesting, how does it work with your car? what are your mods, result..?
i'm runing stage 3 w/ sbr gt12 tubo and fuel upgraded. unichip had been tuned for stock turbo = 293whp and 292tq by 18 PSi, now i need a retune with bigger turbo.

WolfPlayer said:
Buy a tactrix cable and use Enginuity and ECUFlash to reflash your stock ECU with those codes disabled. Simple as that. It will take you about 5 minutes and it will only cost you $80. But, you also gain a fully functional tuning solution too.

Heck - sell your unichip to pay for the Tactrix cable. It's a much much much better solution than the unichip ... by FAR.

t

1 - 7 of 7 Posts