IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello every1, friend blew the motor in his 2011 sti and the body of my 2004 sti needs $13k of bodywork/maintenance. Will my 04 motor fit the 2011 chassis? ebay says 04-07 is different from newer model but it looks the same other then a newer turbo, exhaust and an air pump. thanks for reading and suggestions

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
Fit yes - but it doesn't have Dual AVCS. There are different means to make it work though

Reactions: nitro700

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry I am fairly rookie, could my 04 ecu/ wiring harness be adapted to the 2011 without sacrificing performance by a standard performance shop or would it be easier to just pay $11k to replace rockers/multiple body panels of my running 2004? I like the look of the 2004> 2011 but not if it'll cost an additional $6-8k, thx again for input

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
Too many unknowns for anyone to tell you what the best solution for you is.

* 2004 is an old car - how many miles on that engine? At least do compression and leak-down before you go through a lot of effort to use it. Even then its bearings my not have tons of life left. If you do use it, then you might use its harness and ECU. If you mix and match, then you should have the car tuned. That means owning an AP and paying for the tune. Add at least $1K for them.

* It might be easier and more worthwhile to rebuild the 2011 engine. What that would cost depends on it's condition. At least you end up with a car that doesn't sound as if it at the end of its life.

So many unknowns . . .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry I should have been more clear, my 04 has around 128k and drives like the day I bought it, just maine winters have rusted the body to hell. Maaco is willing to do the repair for a min of $8k. the 2011 has 107k, needs a full rebuild of everything oil runs through (except turbo supposedly) and which would probably cost me $4-5k for the car as is, its rust free but needs $1-2k of body repair. my 04 was never tracked and well maintained, but needs struts + catback exhaust as well . thanks again for taking your time to help me out, i really appreciate it..you've been a great help

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
Personally I'd let a rusted body go regardless of any other consideration . . .
Personally I would rebuild any STi engine that I had a decent body for . . .

But that's just me

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx for the advice and ur time, guess i'll stick to restoring my 04 after reading up a bit ecu/harness canbus adaptation sounds undesirable. Just sounded like an opportunity to help my buddy who was only offered $500 trade in for his 2011. My 04 is wear my heart is anyways. thx again, really appreciate it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts