IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will grab pics after they are in tomorrow! They look awsome! I cant wait! This + some sways should equal some good fun!

Robert~

Attachments

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure will, I will grab before and after pics. Im hoping it will level out the car or even drop the nose some, which either case would be GREAT. I still wish I could find the dang spring rates :(.

Robert~

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
StaticX - just take some measurements before you put them on and put them in to the following formula:

K= (W^4 x G)/(8xNxD^3)

K--> spring rate (lbs/in.)
W--> diameter of spring wire (in.)
G--> 12,000,000 for steel springs
N--> # of active coils, or # of free coils + 1/2)
D--> diameter of the coil measured to the center of the wire (in.)

This is Phun's formula from the 1980s, but things have not changed much and this should give you a spring rate (front and rear seperate calcs) that is within 3% of actual. There are other more complex forumlas, but this is more than sufficient for on-the-feet calcs :)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Escaine Rear Seat material?

lol... well since you said the spring rate is 15-20% over stock, then i could care less, as long as i know its in a tolerable range. As for those who want that exact #, I will call eibach sometime (or if someone else wants to) and post here. I have inventory ALL this week/weekend, so im exhausted right now and will be here til late... then get home and work even later.. man :(

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heck ya man, I just cant wait to see my car, then sunday I wil be able to drive on em :). Tonight, Friday, and Saturday is CAN to CANT working to finish up relocating parts and doing inventory here at GMC... man... well I better get back to work, I'll keep you guys posted. I will probably leave my car at my mechanic's shop until he is done with everything (porting the turbo and EVERYTHING). So until then ;) ttyl.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HOLY CRAP! I just got my car back and I must say... it is AWSOME, beyond awsome. I got my cusco sway bars in too (havent put them on as i JUST got home from work... can we say OVERTIME did about 14 hours today). My car is a beast man. The drop is perfect. The front is level with the rear and 80% of that fender gap is GONE, just enough to look lowered, but not enough to scrap like mad. The springs WONDERFUL. There is NO more bumping. You dont bounce AT ALL. It works perfect. Handling is awsome. I could take turns at like 80 i wouldnt take at like 60 before, and now 80 feels like 40. I mean I dont know how to explain it. I just wish i could give someone my experience tonight as I had a BLAST driving it. I couldnt get a tire to squeak and man I nearly slammed my friend's head against the window it'd turn so hard and fast. With the sway bars it will be awsome. ANOTHER HUGE PLUS is the fact that now you're level, with no one in the car, and when you get in the car, you're looking down the lines of hte car (PERFECT) rather then like looking over the hood trying to find your lines on the road. I mean, it is awsome , i give it 100% A+ and I still havent driven more then 5 miles. I cant wait to give it some more go.

Overall Review:

If you want a drop, that is a drop, but not "slammed" to where you are paranoid about scraping. GET THIS
If you want a tighter suspension that doesnt feel like your hitting a rock everytime you're going over a bump. GET THIS
If you want to get rid of that "bob" and bounce the stock springs do, GET THIS.
If you want better handling. GET THIS.
If you want the car to look AWSOME and have a stance that is killer. GET THIS.
If you want the perfect springs at the perfect price. GET THIS ($219 SHIPPED from nino @ nasioc.com).

Thank you and I will grab pics soon and man... i gotta wash my car soon. lol.

edit: Man... I really want to emphasize on the point that it eliminates all negative feedback from the stock suspension. All that weary, bobby, bouncy feeling is ALL gone. The car is VERY smooth now and is awsome. I cant wait to get an alignment tomorrow!!

Robert~

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Staticx - glad you are enjoying them and can feel the difference. Let us know how much more of a difference you notice after Cuscos. I am positive it will go up at least by one more notch :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
staticx313,
Didn't you have Spec C pinks installed previous to this? I remember someone was complaining about uneven ride height with those. Please elaborate more on the Eibachs after you get more seat time. Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
So, does anyone know what the spring rates are on the Eibachs. I am curious to see how they compare to the other companys. StaticX313, did you find out, yet.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stee said:
staticx313,
Didn't you have Spec C pinks installed previous to this? I remember someone was complaining about uneven ride height with those. Please elaborate more on the Eibachs after you get more seat time. Thanks!
lol no these are my first set of lowering springs. lol how much would you like me to elaborate? I thought i had written to much up there to begin with lol. I will grab pics and everything. I just got my rear sway bar put in (cusco) and will let you all know how that works out. hopefully will have the front bar in tomorrow. Although I have 9 kits to build and 6 more to order :( (both good and bad as college is starting tomorrow).

So, does anyone know what the spring rates are on the Eibachs. I am curious to see how they compare to the other companys. StaticX313, did you find out, yet.
I am going to call hopefully soon, but for now all I know is the ride is perfect, handling is awsome, and they work GREAT with the stock springs. I love how level it is now too. No more front end lift.

Robert~

·
Registered
44 Posts
Eibach gave me the STI Spring rates for the 2004 STI Part #: 7713.140

Progressive Rates:
Front (125 preload?) 234 final
Rear (95 preload?) 229 final

From Eibach's website:
What is the advantage of a progressive set-up – like the famous Eibach main- and tender spring combination? Index

Each suspension set-up is a critical balance between two contradictions:

as soft as possible and as stiff as possible
The progressive set-up combines both targets:

the smooth, softer initial characteristic for the traction and comfortable cruising
the sportier, stiffer final rate for reduced body roll and better responsiveness under curving, braking and accelerating.

·
Registered
176 Posts
if you do a search under my name you will see pics of my eibachs on my sti

also right side does sit higher as in other applications

tony

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FIA-WRC said:
got any pics yet?