IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
awesome writeup with pictures. this is really great help for anyone who is looking to do this mod. should be made a sticky for everyone to see

·
Registered
508 Posts
Great write up. I will be doing the same install (with Defi Guages) next week and this will probably save me two hours at least! :D

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We did mod the seahawk. One helo had a hoola-dancing girl on the dashboard. The other had pink fuzzy dice hanging from the OAT gauge (outside air temp) in the center window. We also had a crewman make a special cord to plug a CD player into the intercom system to help keep us awake on those all night patrols in the gulf.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Zimm,

I just installed a set of Defi Link guages this week using your instructions, and was wondering what your peak values were for your STi?

Mine are the following and the only engine mod is the intake silencer removal:

Boost: 15.5 PSI (Seems high, but maybe the guage is off a little.)
EGT: 1450 F
Oil Temp: 220 F

I just want to make sure I have an accurate baseline before tuning further. If you (or anyone else) posts, please list your mods with your values.

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey, what cylinder is tapped in that write-up? and how are the cylinders on the engine numbered exactly (what order)?

EDIT: nevermind, i think i figured it out: zimm tapped the collector b/t cylinders 2 & 4 on what looks like the "nipple/bung" that's casted into the manifold.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My baseline numbers are 1475F EGT during WOT or highway cruising, 1000 @ idle. Oil pressure is 100psi at startup, 75 warm cruising, 30 warm idle.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Getting off topic, but I have the Alpine CDA-9807 that does MP3 CD's (best investement yet!). It also has an auxiliary input so I can hook up the $150 XM radio I got for Christmas without using the FM antenna input. The Alpine XM radio is $250 plus antenna!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts