IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am currently looking into building the efr 7163 with the 0.64 housing.

My reasons are, that after much research, it seems as though the 0.64 housing results

in the efr 7163 being better suited for the STI, and my own whp/wtq/spool goals.

That said, I don't much about assembling turbo cores and housings.

It is as simple as buying and putting together:

1-Borg Warner EFR 7163 Turbocharger 400-600 HP - Borg Warner EFR 7163 Turbocharger, Super Core Only, No Turbine Housing

and

2-Borg Warner T25 .64 A/R Turbine Housing - 58mm .64 T25 Single Scroll WG Assy (part#11581009006)

or is there more to it?

What am I missing here?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
How are you going to machine the .64A/R to fit? It is not a direct plug and play or half of us who run a 7163 would have already done the swap :)

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are you going to machine the .64A/R to fit? It is not a direct plug and play or half of us who run a 7163 would have already done the swap :)
That's what im trying to figure out at this point; which is what's involved with this process.

You saying that machining is required is discouraging.

Will the turbo core of the 7163 be too large to simply insert into the .64 housing?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Exactly what Yama said. I was one of the first 7163 owners in colorado, and I was going to prototype a .64 housing but after some investigations, having the housing custom milled proved to be too expensive and a hassle to get done by an individual with any sense of a budget.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thnx for the response guys.

I have not given up on this completely just yet, but its not looking good,

based on responses from full race and BW.

The efr 7163 (0.84a/r) v-band ewg version will remain my top choice for now.

If I can somehow figure out a way to incorporate the 0.64 a/r ill update.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts