IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Is the camera in the S4?

cool video by the way.. that black STi fly's past that miata on the 2nd lap haha.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yeah, cool clip. That black STi started flying at the end, but maybe you let up on him. I'm heading to Laguna Seca tomorrow morning for my first track day EVER and this got me psyched. It's a crime that I won't be videotaping my runs for posterity, but couldn't procure a camera in time. And besides that, I'm sure my technique will be laughable. The disposable camera will have to do. :cry:

Keep the vids coming and nice oil change walkthrough, btw!

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HarlanPepper said:
Yeah, cool clip. That black STi started flying at the end, but maybe you let up on him.
i was in the S4. and he got a jump on me, see below. PS: don't drive like that the guy in the STi - he was terrible really.

commentary:

from last August...featuring an STi and Miata. my S4 was stage 2 with Intrax suspension.

for this lap i was not in limp mode, which i could tell by my lap times for South Course - about 1:03 on street tires.

he gets a good jump on me onto the superspeedway on the second lap, as i am being nice and waiting for the hand gesture from the Miata driver...NEVER want to pass without it at an HPDE..catastrophe can ensue if you assume the driver sees you, but doesn't.

but as you can see he puts a significant gap on me once into the twisties. and he's not even driving the fastest line or hitting apex consistently.

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not sure how far away you are, but you may want to join us in March at VIR. We will be at least 2 STis, 3 Evos against bunch of Bimmers :)
actually i would love to join you in March at VIR. have not been there yet.

VIR is a about 3.5 to 4 hours for me. so i'd take a hotel stay. almost went this past winter with the Audi club but couldn't make the time.

what group are you running with? BMWCC ? have a link so i can check out cost and registration/rules?

:)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
TRM said:
I am not sure how far away you are, but you may want to join us in March at VIR. We will be at least 2 STis, 3 Evos against bunch of Bimmers :)
actually i would love to join you in March at VIR. have not been there yet.

VIR is a about 3.5 to 4 hours for me. so i'd take a hotel stay. almost went this past winter with the Audi club but couldn't make the time.

what group are you running with? BMWCC ? have a link so i can check out cost and registration/rules?

:)
It is a 5 hour drive for me :) We will be staying at Sleep Inn and Suites, a new and very clean place at reasonable cost.

To participate, you need to be a BMWCCA member and Tarhell Chapter member. I am not sure which chapter would be your default one, but if Tarhell is not the default one, then you need to enter Tarheel as your secondary choice or "dual membership".

Tarheel chapter does not publish their registration form, but I have an electronic copy. If you send me an e-mail at [email protected], I can reply back with the form. The form cannot be postmarked prior to January 26, so you have time to become a member and obtain your CCA #.

To become a member: https://www.bmwcca.org/join/membership.shtml

Tarhell Chapter Event Page: http://www.tarheelbmwcca.org/springschool2004.htm

There is also a slight chance I might join the NASA event in February. Several from NASIOC forum are also going to that one: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=475656

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whoa, did the MapQuest "to from" thing and i get 7 hours 44 minutes.

i might have to rethink this one since that will require a 4-night stay...heavily eats into my budget for track events for 2004. :D yes it's a small budget.

but thanks for all the good information.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Mapquest always says something will take significantly longer than it actually does....

Sometimes by a margin of half.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts