IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What power sources did everyone use when installing the EDFC. The controller has 3 power wires and I am wondering where each one goes. I've got all the cables ran up under my dash and I just need to hook up the power to make it all work.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'm trying to install the EDFC tonight, so i'll bump this. Is this the same as a subaru's radio harness? This is an s2k's

The three wires on the left are from the EDFC.

The red (accessory power) wire connects to the white/red wire. The green (illumination) wire connects to the red/black wire. And the yellow (power) wire connects to the white/blue wire.

So is this correct?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I believe the 3 "power" wires go to:

1) full time hot (test light on when key off)
2) key-on hot (test light on when key on)
3) dimmer-on hot (test light on with headlights and parking lights)

did you RTFM already?

·
Registered
724 Posts
I believe the 3 "power" wires go to:

1) full time hot (test light on when key off)
2) key-on hot (test light on when key on)
3) dimmer-on hot (test light on with headlights and parking lights)

did you RTFM already?
Hmm. so is it 1/6/10 from the diagram? Sorry for the newbness

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I found the easiest place to wire my EDFC in was the Hazard button. It has all three wires and one extra wire coming off of it IIRC. You will just need to test the voltage of the wires when the key is off (if it shows voltage then it is full time power). When the key is on (shows voltage only when key is on means acc power). And then illumination (change your lights and it should change voltage, lights off is zero voltage, lights on goes to 12 volts or something).

You can test the voltage by placing your red lead in the slots of the harness for the hazard button - easy and no splicing required until you are ready to attach the EDFC wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts