IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay first of all before I go anyfurther I would like a thread that does NOT consist of bashing either tuning systems or flaming each other.. I want honest opinions as well as the PRO's and CON's of each system.
I currently use Ecutek but would like something more expandable and user friendly that doesn't have the high costs of Standalone like hydra or AEM EMS.
However I like ecutek because it's reliable for the most part and allows the safety parameters of the stock ecu to still function.. However I feel as though I could make more power with something else.. I haven't been too happy with ecutek yet..

Let the debate begin!

Thanks, Jake.

·
Registered
385 Posts
yeah what he said ^^^ i have a ap, i like being able to plug it into the odb2 port to flash a map... way easy!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
with cobb ap can do you do any kind of mail in/ mail out protune or anything like that? i don't think there is a cobb tuner in Missouri..
Thanks.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
Both programs will net about the same power. I think the AP is a better option because you can have multiple maps (93 oct, 93 oct+meth, race gas, etc) and you can easily switch between them. I know ecutek has just realised their map switching software, but you can still only have two maps. It also costs extra.

If you already have ecutek, i wouldn't bother switching unless you absolutely need to have 3 or more maps (if you only need 2, i would just get the ecutek map switching software).

And if you want to tune the car yourself there's no comparison at all, the AP + Street Tuner is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
dubrexer said:
with cobb ap can do you do any kind of mail in/ mail out protune or anything like that? i don't think there is a cobb tuner in Missouri..
Thanks.
Some tuners do have a mail-in/out feature. PDX will help you with one, and you can do some data logging and they'll tune your map to spec. i believe...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts