IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to decide between the 3... i leaning towards cobb for the 06 sti.

i had utec on my stage 4 wrx i traded and i didnt like it... utec seemed really rough. ecutek seems just crazy expensive...

·
Registered
145 Posts
I like the cobb ap, but if the utec 06 delta was out when i got my cobb i might have thought about getting it. It seems that people have had better results with it than pervious years. Supposvily the new software is alot smoother. I just like the idea that it keeps your car runing in closed loop so you can run a boost controller. Also the launch controll is amazing. My friend has it in his evo and it just helps a ton when your at the track. Who knows if cobb will ever come out the launch control.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Cobb for the ease of use is the best IMO for any new owner. ECUtek though is definitely no slouch, and when tuned is very good.

·
Registered
145 Posts
its the utecs new software but i think it may only be called dealt for the 06 wrx im not sure. I know they realesed a new software update for the sti that came out last month. I have heard that it is really amazing and much smoother than the previous software. They have it on the turbo xs site wher you can download the software.

·
Registered
145 Posts
elvampy said:
i cansay that the ecutek is the better one because they tune ur car to ur riding style and is much more reponsive,when they finish withg ur car it is perfect
yea i think its great is just so damn expensive. Youd be better off gettin a stand alone unit like the aem ems or something like that for that price.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Save your money on all three of them and go to tactrix.com and buy a cable from them. Then go to openecu.org and download tuning/logging/flashing software for FREE. Ecutek is nice in that it allows for real time tuning, but with their newer flashes they are locking the ECU so that you can't switch to any other flash based tune. Accessport/Streettuner is good, but AFAIK does not support real time tuning. Utec (or any of the other HARDWARE BASED engine management units for that matter) is not really needed until you start dealing with large turbo upgrades that necessitate the need bypass the MAF.

If you are planning on running a rotated mount turbo (or any really big turbo that will spike your MAF) you will want either a Hydra from element tuning, an AEM EMS or a UTEC and switch to speed density instead of MAF tuning.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i cost me over here in spain 500 POUNDS i sent the tuner from germany (he did the tournament in holland before comin to me the show was called TOP TWENTY EUROPEAN TURBOS) he knew so much about subarus after all the tune he told me about the cams which were sleeping at the time he got into his labtop again and WHAT A DIFF in torque AMAZING all i can say best 500quid spent of my live........

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/elvampy/scooby1.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tactrix.com

If you want some good and realy good go with the tactrix.com cable for $96 for the sti or wrx.
why I have a cobb AP +ST tuner is not good the company give the money back because have problem to comunicate with the computer and other stuff.

Ecutek and utec is better but a little more money is up to you take care and I hope you make a right decision is only your choise every buddy give you his own opinion....

·
Registered
323 Posts
PRINCIPE said:
If you want some good and realy good go with the tactrix.com cable for $96 for the sti or wrx.
why I have a cobb AP +ST tuner is not good the company give the money back because have problem to comunicate with the computer and other stuff.

Ecutek and utec is better but a little more money is up to you take care and I hope you make a right decision is only your choise every buddy give you his own opinion....
add a few english courses to your schedule

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.