IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Alright work with me here.....i was tuned by Topspeed with ecutek reflash, and now im looking to upgrade turbo...maybe 20g...maybe t3/t04s....i havent made up my mind totally yet....but the question is...how would i go about loading or tuning a new map for the new setup??...would i need to buy DeltaDash??? or go with a Utec?? any help would be awesome, thanks guys!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok now this ecutek easy ECU....consists of only a disc and cable correct??....i dont need a license is that correct?...with this i will b able to load and mess with a map that is sent to me correct?...

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
You get the license when you purchase the product. It also comes with delta dash for logging and etc. I would go with street tuner or utec to tune for the 20g if you plan on doing it yourself. Mainly you would need to tune your injector scale (if you change them which your should) and zero out boost if you plan on driving to a tune. If you plan on doing it your self, you need to start at a rich afr and low timing. Typically a 20g would need to run at around 13-16* at spool and around 22-24* at redline depending on boost and etc. which is very different from the vf-39 which runs around 18 at spool and 30 at redline.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
You already bought the liscence when you had it tuned the first time. You don't need to re-buy.

I just bought the EasyECU cable and software.

You plug the cable in under the steering wheel and datalog while you drive the car. You can then email the resulting datalog files (called CVS files) to the tuner you used. He can email you back a new map based on what is in the files and you can use your laptop to flash the new map into your cars computer.

You don't need an exact tune like with other systems, as the stock computer has a large range of learning. You tell it what boost you want and where, what AF ratios you want, what basic fuel maps you want, and the computer will dial it in from there. Remember, the car has a wide-band O2 sensor built into it. It may actually be able to tune itself for your new turbo. If you are making enough more power from it though, it will throw a code, and of course you may need bigger injectors.

My car is doing that and that is why I bought the eacyecu. It was adding 25% more fuel somewhere and throwing a code.

The easyecu runs about $350.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.