IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one more thing, has anybody here done this yet to their STi? as stated in the below link, it is avaiable for the STi. i've asked around and have heard good things about this reflash on the WRX's - sort of a 50/50 when you ask around (some people like the reflash while others seem to like the UTEC). the UTEC, once it comes out, will be $500 or so more than the reflash.

i think this is the way i'm gonna go.....well maybe, even though it's not user tunable. in my situation, i'm doing all the modifications to my car first and then i'm planning on the reflash. no more mods after the flash such as bigger turbo, FMIC. i'm doing everything first while the car is garaged then opting for the flash.

that is if i don't decide on the UTEC.....ahhhh, decisions, decisions.

here's a link i was looking at:

http://www.vividracing.com/index.php?src=news&prid=163&category=Tuning&PHPSESSID=0da4ebe75e7e4ccd0363760cc56b28ef

any comments will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is not a re-flash for the 2004 USDM STi. There will be one in the near future(60 to 150 days). Many of us are waiting for it to be available.

Mike

·
Registered
282 Posts
So what did YOU get for christmas!!!?!???!

Yeah, it's a reflash for the pre-2004 STi's... as in people who imported older ones. We still got nothing (well, except the xede).

Someone mentioned shipping a US STi to England to speed up the process.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've yet to drive in a UTEC WRX that was as smooth as any of the ECUTEC cars I've driven in. I do know someone that had a reflash and UTEC for the the tweaking which was an expensive setup but nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts