IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the ECU need to be reset after a fuel cut? No CEL or blinking dash lights came on. I don't have a turbo gauge. Does the car go into a limp type mode and require resetting of the ECU after one fuel cut?

Thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
Re: turbo cool-down

when you say fuel cut was this at like 7000rpms, or did it happen early for some reason. when I put my downpipe on it came on at around 5000rpm in 5th gear and I would get a CEL. if you dont have a CEL I wouldnt worry about it. and you would be able to tell if it were to go into limp mode.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front sway bar is a good mod

Thanks guys,
Yes it was at around 7K rpm, I need to set my rev alarm a little lower. Car seems to have all the power as it did before, just a weird sensation to get the fuel cut.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,
Yes it was at around 7K rpm, I need to set my rev alarm a little lower. Car seems to have all the power as it did before, just a weird sensation to get the fuel cut.

·
Registered
834 Posts
yeah, at 7000 thats more of a rev limiter to prevent you from hurting the engine. I tend to hit it when Im doing donuts in the snow every now and then but while driving normal I shift at 6000rpm thats where it makes the most power so there is no need to rev any higher. you will accelerate faster if you shift at like 6000-6500 rpms than if you were to hold it untill 7000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts