IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=394329

This was posted over on nasioc and I am passing on the info:

I just learned from my regional SOA rep that Subaru of America has just received their updated ECM flash from SoJ for the USDM STi to combat the detonation problem.

Customers will need to leave their car with the dealer while their ECMs are sent to Subaru for reprogramming. There is an expected 4-6 day turnaround time.

As soon as more flash units become available from Subaru, this will be a dealership-level flash service.

Let your dealer know IF you are experiencing detonation (NOT ALL CARS EXHIBIT IT!), and they will help you resolve the issue after testing and verification. If they aren't already up to speed on the issue, have them contact their regional rep for more information.

It may take some time for information to disseminate and to arrange scheduling through your dealer. PLEASE BE PATIENT through this process, this is not a recall so you will have to go through the full dealership testing, work order, and reporting process. There is an order in which this process must happen, please give your local dealerships the benefit of the doubt on this and allow the SOA reporting and resolution (flash) process to work as it should.

Enjoy!

-Jason Porter
Subaru of Gwinnett-Atlanta

·
Registered
311 Posts
what? you mean I cant just cut the ECU wires and send it throught the mail, and then drive to work? bummer... ;)

Id gladly leave my car at the dealer if it fixed a problem. And for the people who are worrying about power loss, why? You have the power, plus detonation, or you half Almost eh same power with no detonation... duh, easy choice. Unless it doesnt ping of course.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Damn.....just when I thought we were getting a little 'disfunctional' as a forum.....wow!

Thanks for the cross-post! Make sure anyone who gets this done let's us know about the process and the results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts