IW STi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the "El-Cheapo-Ebay" turboback exhaust??

Any kind of fitment issues?

Yes, I have heard of "you get what you pay for" quote, but was wondering are these any good? I mean I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig and testing one of these out. Money is sorta tight right now since school is starting up again and whatnot.

Or would my best bet be to get a brand name dp, such as Helix and HKS, and mate it up with an ebay exhaust? This way I would save a few hundred on a full turboback exhaust?

Or is this just a dumb idea and I should just save up a little longer for a well known brand exhaust system?

Any input would be nice from the community

Tuan

·
Registered
896 Posts
I would just wait around and see who's selling a used setup. I wouldn't trust an e-bay company just for quality issues. I'd much rather go with a reputable company. I got my BPM tbe for $90...its over $1K brand new....so you never know who's going to be selling a good exhaust at a great price..keep looking.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
no way, dont get the ebay exhasut it'll be crap

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha thanks guys for helping me make the decision. well in that case, il be in the market for a farely cheap but worth-while dp, then save up for the greddy evo2 catback or something that catches my eye.

are the new greddy evo2 a true 3in? i've read in somewhere that it wasn't.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am actually one of the big ebay advocates, but I would not get the ebay exhaust again. But I think the ebay tmic and fmic (XSpower) is still quality.

I would not get the ebay headers (megan racing) again either - they rubbed and when I fixed that they cracked.

My catback was rusting after about a year and I was driving in california climate and garaged my car.

Thing is, for the price of the ebay catback... why not just get your muffler shop to fab you an exhaust, or even a straightpipe?

·
Registered
852 Posts
I've got an "ebay" tsudo exhaust. The fitment and quality were awesome. The welds are beautiful and the pipes are all mandrel bent and fit the car perfectly. I had to buy and install the kartboy long hangers because the canister sits slanted...(too ricey for ya'?)
*The tsudo catback is an Apexi' N1 factory 2nd that doesn't get the Apexi' logo etched on it because of quality control. It had a little ding in the canister and that doesn't bother me. I saved $500 and it is just a muffler and pipe that makes more noise on our cars.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'd say go used, just take your time and wait for the right deal. I was able to buy a complete used exhaust (inc upipe) with the dp I wanted (perrin) sell the rest seperately on ebay and then buy my desired cat back. My end result = the EXACT turbo back exhuast I wanted (perrin dp and borla hush) for under $200! I do consider myself lucky:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
rule of thumb is you get what you pay for so its up to you from there. I have never had luck with cheap stuff off ebay with past cars but some of my buddies have so its all luck I guess

·
Registered
72 Posts
Boostpimp said:
I've got an "ebay" tsudo exhaust. The fitment and quality were awesome. The welds are beautiful and the pipes are all mandrel bent and fit the car perfectly. I had to buy and install the kartboy long hangers because the canister sits slanted...(too ricey for ya'?)
*The tsudo catback is an Apexi' N1 factory 2nd that doesn't get the Apexi' logo etched on it because of quality control. It had a little ding in the canister and that doesn't bother me. I saved $500 and it is just a muffler and pipe that makes more noise on our cars.
Same here; mine is mated up to a Godspeed downpipe. The kartboy long hangers are a necessity, I scorched my bumper a bit before I had a chance to swap out the hangers.:rolleyes: I didn't know it was an Apexi N1 factory 2nd. Makes me feel a little better about the purchase if that's true. Some good finds on ebay these days.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
the catback section is good but i suggest you get a different dp. i have an ebay dp on my car and it rubs the firewall on left turns. i cant wait for my helix to get here im gonna shoot myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts