IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
If your DCCD is set to lock, you could be feeling your diffs binding up as you slow down.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
STi S20-SC

Thanks but no, DCCD is set to auto.

If I am rolling ever so slowly on flat ground, she will come to a stop on her own. Also, if I am stopped on a very slight incline, she doesn't roll. It just feels like the brakes are being applied ever so slightly. Less chance of rolling on start up without having to use the hand break but just a bit nervous that the brakes are actually being applied a bit and could cause premature break wear.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've noticed it too. One person does not push an STi. My guess: All three differentials are adding enough friction for the tyres to fight each other slightly.

Street brakes are designed so that the calipers piston seals also function as pad retractors to keep the brakes from dragging.

·
Registered
347 Posts
so true, i was very surprised the first time i tried to shove the thing a few feet.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I was actually thinking about this today as I was stopped on a hill with no one behind me and the car barely rolled backward. I am not sure why this is but I am sure someone has the right answer,

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I stop on very slight inclines at lights, etc, all the time and take my foot off the brake and go nowhere. My theory was the same as Web Foot STi's (the 3 diff. thing).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts