IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This shop that i am going to just bet me $500 that i cant get a 12.99 or lower in my car, and i am a pretty good driver. Here are my mods for my engine.
1-hks up pipe
2-hks down pipe
3-buschur exhaust
4-hks intake
5-gold grounding kit
6-boost controller
This should be pretty easy right? O yeah and i also have a boost controller locked down at 1.1 bar.

·
Registered
382 Posts
considering turboback alone has gotten people into the mid 12s, I'd say thats a good bet.
EDIT: Oh, I remebered that someone ran a high 12 second pass by simply unbolting the stock catback.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Jan 18th AutoCross 56K Go Bake a cake!

what altitude you at? should get there even if your high up...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ender2664 said:
This shop that i am going to just bet me $500 that i cant get a 12.99 or lower in my car, and i am a pretty good driver. Here are my mods for my engine.
1-hks up pipe
2-hks down pipe
3-buschur exhaust
4-hks intake
5-gold grounding kit
6-boost controller
This should be pretty easy right? O yeah and i also have a boost controller locked down at 1.1 bar.
If you don't think you, personally, could do it, see me and I'll fly right by that 12.99 with those mods...with just the downpipe, I expect to get into the 12s without a problem. So yes, that bet is easy money.

RN

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
maxwolfinger said:
considering turboback alone has gotten people into the mid 12s, I'd say thats a good bet.
EDIT: Oh, I remebered that someone ran a high 12 second pass by simply unbolting the stock catback.
lol people have ran 12.8s stock...

Robert~

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Depending on the altitude you run at and your launching/dragging skill, it is VERY possible to run 12.9's stock. Seen it many times.

-Matt

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How to take it out

The track is actually at 0 alt., i consider myself a good launcher, i have never been pulled off the line by any car, infact no one has got passed me until well into 2nd gear, that includes vipers and ferraris. I launch at 5k and do a weird clutch thing, spins the frount wheels a little, but it throws you into the back of your seat.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think the difference between the 12.9 run that you heard about and the one suggested above was the addition of a fender sticker that the poster forgot to mention. THat had to be good for another 6hp, thus lowering the 1/4 mile time by a tenth of a second, which is completely consistent with what you had heard was the lowest time before this post.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice cause i have 3 stickers on my car, that means i sould be able to run a mid 12!
J/K

·
Registered
487 Posts
STi "Pink" lowering springs installed, FULL REVIEW

Go practice first, then take their cash

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Can I Join?

I usally run 91, but a couple of days before i am going to fill up on 93 and rest the ecu.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I highly dought that any shop would make that bet. Usually mechanics and people in the "biz" are not bench racing ricer boyz, and actually know their shit.

I think they were just pulling your leg, or think you can't drive worth a shit. With all your mods (especially MBC with some racegas thrown in) you should be looking at mid 12's easy with an just average 1.8sec 60ft time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have some video (that I'd have to look for & rip) of a EVO VIII with 340 miles on it running a 12.7x @ 105.x at Norwalk Raceway Park. If the EVO VIII can do it, I'm VERY sure the STi can do it. I've personally seen a 12.9 out of a stock STi, but have no video unfortunatly.

Good luck, and go make some cash!

EDIT: I could not find the video of the 12.7, I musta not have taken the vid of it, but I do have that same EVO 8 on video running a 13.1, so I still do not think it is impossible...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts