·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
:banana: :devil: Noice. Daddy likes.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the props guys...it's all going on/in this weekend and it's getting tuned at Cobb's facility on Monday...we're at almost 5,000 feet ellie, but I'll post the results when I get 'em. I'm not concerned about XXXWHP as much as a safe and smooth tune, with a swift kick in the arse across the whole powerband over Stage II! ;-)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm willing to bet around 340WHP at this altitude and since they use the heartbreaker Mustang dyno. I just want WOT in fifth to feel like WOT in 4th...lol!!

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
congrats on the deadbolt! Keep us updated on how it goes!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry for the delay...I bought the 20G from Adam at Z1 performance. He's the only one out there I could find that actually had a Deadbolt TD06H-20G (Monster Port/Ceramic Coated) in stock and he got it to me in less than a week! Phenomenal service from those guys!!!

I bought the Jecs/Nismo injectors from MZM...again, in stock, super fast shipping and quality product!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was just talking with my buddy from Cobb today and he said that STi's with my upgrades typically hit just under 300WHP on their Mustang Dyno. I'd really hope for at least 330-340WHP with a 20G at this altitude, but I rode in the STi with the 20G protuned at Cobb and with 3 guys in the car, it still felt considerably faster than my Stage 2 STi with one person in the car.

At the end of the day, I'm in it for the smile factor and reliability...and if I could hit 12.7-12.8'ish at the track on the 25th...it'll be a vast improvement over my best time of 13.3 @102 with a 1.69 60 foot.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
cnstman said:
in colorado springs, around 6000' asl i put down 306 on a dyno dynamics with a 20g, i would look for similar numbers.
Why do you say that? (not trying to pick on you) A Mustang dyno is a completely different dyno.

All a dyno is, is a tool used to analyze what the motor likes and dislikes. Making safe consistant power. Tuning is all about making the motor 'happy'.

·
Registered
585 Posts
how much will elevation affect it? i put down 318/312 on a mustang at pretty much sea level

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
StoreBoght said:
how much will elevation affect it? i put down 318/312 on a mustang at pretty much sea level
With what settings? Weather/climate corrected? All of this is adjustable on the Mustangs. You flat out can't go by the numbers as to whether you have a "powerful" or "correct" tune.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
STirish said:
Why do you say that? (not trying to pick on you) A Mustang dyno is a completely different dyno.

All a dyno is, is a tool used to analyze what the motor likes and dislikes. Making safe consistant power. Tuning is all about making the motor 'happy'.

just a prediction, nothing else

1 - 20 of 55 Posts