1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Early Christmas Braille Battery Specials

Attention
: Specials end December 20th!

1st Special) This special is being offered to this forum's members because the shipping donk won a bet with management. So while supplies last, get a genuine Autospeed Dead Pedal (a $50 value) FREE when you order a Braille Lightweight Battery at the SoJDM low price of $157.99. NO SHIPPING CHARGE IN THE USA! Canada shipping $25.00, Foreign countries $25.00.

LINK:
http://sojdm.com/productcart/pc/configurePrd.asp?idproduct41

2nd Special
)
Braille Battery Sale! For a limited time we are selling the Braille Battery alone to forum members for $139.99. Go to the SoJDM web-site, enter your order and on the order summary page, enter "SOJDMBATDEAL" and the battery will be discounted to $139.99. NO SHIPPING CHARGE IN THE USA! Canada shipping $25.00, Foreign countries shipping $25.00.:bow:

LINK:
http://sojdm.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=14

Braille Lightweight Battery (HSPN.COM INSTALLATION VIDEO & REVIEW: CLICK HERE)

The Braille Lightweight Battery is the only battery specifically designed for automotive use. It also saves 20 lbs. off of your vehicles front end, reducing the Imprezas (both WRX and STi) tendency to understeer at the limit. These come with a 1-year manufacturer warranty and Braille is very supportive of the automotive enthusiasts out there running their batteries.

Autospeed Dead Pedal
FREE when the AutoSpeed/Braille Battery Special is ordered, you save $50! The Autospeed Dead Pedal completes the sporty look of the OEM pedals. Why Subaru did not include a dead pedal that matched the OEM sporty pedals is anybody’s guess (weight reduction maybe? ;) )

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Jim
[email protected]
http://www.sojdm.com

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Welcome to our forum.
That's a great deal! I would definately hit it if I didn't already have the Autospeed dead pedal which I paid $50 for it. So, if you want to sell me just the battery for $108 I would be the happiest guy on earth. :D

~ I know, it's not gonna happen :( ~

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just ordered my combo last Sunday and received it this afternoon. Awesome job SoJDM. What a steal for such a great combo!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Yeah im in as well as long as the braille puts out the same power as a regular battery. As long as it will perform the same, it can never hurt to take 20 lbs off!!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hawaii_guy said:
Excellent video.

One question Jim, how's your supply on these batteries? I think invest in one after payday (1st Dec).

Cheers!
Hawaii_guy
I will put one aside for you in the event we run out.

traction_issuez said:
does it start the same? as in power output? because i read somewhere smaller batteries doesn't work too well in cold weather...

if not i'll buy me one!

-mike
Rosspbig said:
Yeah im in as well as long as the braille puts out the same power as a regular battery. As long as it will perform the same, it can never hurt to take 20 lbs off!!
The Braille battery has virtually identical cold cranking amps as the stock battery. These batteries have been used in cold weather regions such as Canada, Alaska, and a lot of the North East. Its rare, but from time to time a battery needs replacing under the 1 year Braille "no hassle" warranty, but Braille likes seeing enthusiasts running their batteries and i have seen them go out even further than that---how is that for customer service.

The thing to remember about the Braille lightweight batteries is that they have tremendous cranking ability because of their low internal resistance, but still have less overall energy in them than a regular 30 lb battery. If you use your battery for starting (which most of us do), these batteries can't be beat. If you like to sit with the car off and listen to your 200 watt stereo, or keep your doors open for a long period of time, this might drain the Braille battery and so lightweight batteries may not be the best option for weight savings.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
SoJDM.com said:
The Braille battery has virtually identical cold cranking amps as the stock battery. These batteries have been used in cold weather regions such as Canada, Alaska, and a lot of the North East. Its rare, but from time to time a battery needs replacing under the 1 year Braille "no hassle" warranty, but Braille likes seeing enthusiasts running their batteries and i have seen them go out even further than that---how is that for customer service.

The thing to remember about the Braille lightweight batteries is that they have tremendous cranking ability because of their low internal resistance, but still have less overall energy in them than a regular 30 lb battery. If you use your battery for starting (which most of us do), these batteries can't be beat. If you like to sit with the car off and listen to your 200 watt stereo, or keep your doors open for a long period of time, this might drain the Braille battery and so lightweight batteries may not be the best option for weight savings.

Thanks for the honest answer Jim.

You'll see my order in about a week. I'll most likely PM you when I place it, due to my APO, AE address.

Cheers!
Hawaii_guy

·
Registered
298 Posts
Placed my order. Can't wait to get it. Any idea when these items will ship and where are they being shipped from?

Thanks Jim!

Kevin

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went out this morning. Might get there tomorrow. Otherwise, it has about a 75% change of arriving Friday.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Considering an Odyssey with that pedal would set you back 130, thats a good deal for a battery that is a lot more than $20 more expensive.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
^^^ I would like to know also. I am willing to buy the battery if you save a few $$$ for us who have the dead pedal.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
05SilverSTI said:
For the guys like myself that already have the autospeed dead pedal, is there anything else that you could substitute in?

Well, a group buy might be happining. Five buyers @ 139.95. Or fifteen buyers @134.99.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.