IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's in and wired up. No problems at all. No CEL's. Fuel adjustment is working perfectly. Timing allows me to retard timing but not to advance it. Not a huge deal really since this car runs quite a bit of ignition advance. Certainly an easy way to get rid of any knock issues some if you guys may be experiencing. I"m hitting a solid 90% duty cycle so far. I'm sure I was hitting 100% duty cycle at 300 whp. Next up we'kll test car with our downpipe and then try the 850cc injectors. We're ALMOST ready for the big GT35R turbo! Can't wait as a 911 turbo started pulling on me last night at around 120 MPH. Need more power!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Guru said:
Well, it's in and wired up. No problems at all. No CEL's. Fuel adjustment is working perfectly. Timing allows me to retard timing but not to advance it. Not a huge deal really since this car runs quite a bit of ignition advance. Certainly an easy way to get rid of any knock issues some if you guys may be experiencing. I"m hitting a solid 90% duty cycle so far. I'm sure I was hitting 100% duty cycle at 300 whp. Next up we'kll test car with our downpipe and then try the 850cc injectors. We're ALMOST ready for the big GT35R turbo! Can't wait as a 911 turbo started pulling on me last night at around 120 MPH. Need more power!
Awesome - good luck man!

-st

·
Registered
452 Posts
Will the GT35R kit cost $3500 on top of your Stage 2 kit, Guru?
How long does it take to do the stage install (1 / 1+ / 2 / GT35R)?
I am wondering whether your customers need to be in town (Detroit) for more than a day to do more than Stage 1 (assuming prior booking, etc).

Thanks,

-Rich

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The GT35R kit is $3500 yes and includes the GT Spec header. If you already have one from the stage 2 package it is less expensive. It also includes a downpipe so obviously you get credited for that if you already have one. To do a stage 1 I can do it all in a few hours. Stage 1 + one day (with tuning). Stage 2 I need two days. GT35R kit not sure yet. I'm working on the first ones next week but I'll have the lines and everything ready for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts