IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perrien E.B.C.S. vs GM solenoid. Pros and cons. which will work better? I will be tuning using enginuity. Need to change something. For some reason I can only hit 90.2% with my current factory solenoid on my duty cycles:confused: Definately not good for my boost control.

Derek Murray

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Don't you have to modify the GM??

·
Registered
601 Posts
When I was the only one that was using the GM solenoid I used a resistor. The only reason I did was to be on the very conservitive side. When doing things that no one else has done I usally stay on the VERY safe side.
After more people started using the GM we determined that the resistor was not needed. I and many others have been running the GM without any resistor for a few years now and there has not been one failure of the driver circuit that I am aware of, stock ECU or Utecs.
The one thing I do highly sugest is a pin hole bleed between the WG accuator and the solenoid.

TMS

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
TheMadScientist said:
The one thing I do highly sugest is a pin hole bleed between the WG accuator and the solenoid.

TMS
Why?

I am asking because I currently have the EBCS without any type of restrictor/bleed pill. I believe things are fine ... so I am asking to ensure that I haven't missed something.

t

1 - 9 of 9 Posts