IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first dyno sheet isn't from my car. But the guy was nice enough to give me a copy of his dyno sheet. Mine and his were run on the same dyno back to back about 20 minutes apart.

His car:
Stock STi with aftermarket muffler only.

My car:
Boost Controller and AFC with seat of the pants tuning.

My next mod will probably be adjustable shocks so I don't suffer a brain hemorrage from all the bouncing around on the highway :D .

Attachments

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
wow torque really picked up, cant wait to see what happens when yuo open it up (intake/exhaust/downpipe/etc)

Robert~

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
I'll be posting some baseline readings after next Friday. Going to do some dyno tuning with my friend who's got a Vishnu stage 1 kit on his Evo. Should be fun. :p

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Re: Got it: NO wait, $1400 off MSRP-weird deal!

What type of dyno was this done on. We all know that different brands of dynos give widely different results.
I will be on a dynaPak system on Saturday. I'll post my results as well as any pertinent data to help make comparisons to other peoples numbers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a Mustang Dyno, which is supposed to give "lower" readings than a DynoJet. Supposedly it similates some real world effects better than the DynoJet. Also, the dyno runs were done in 4th gear.

Here's an update: I've upped the fuel correction at ~4000 RPMs because I heard some knocking one night.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they even have the new spec II version on ebay and such.
That's what I got. SAFC spec 2. The EBC is a Greddy Profec-B spec 2.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any one know what the spring rates are?

Well, unless who ever does your install wires in the AFC with a harness plug, you'll have to splice some wires that go to the ECU. So yes, it is detectable by the dealership. And even then, you probably don't want to pull it out everytime you want your car serviced. The real question is are you ready to put an AFC in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts