IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK next week i am getting my system put in. I was thinking i spent so much damn money all ready, i might as well get dynamat and do it right. I was thinking of doing the 4 doors and the trunk. How much dynamat would i need??

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would a Bulk Pack of the Dynamat Extreme be enough to do the 4 doors and trunk lid? Also, from those who have Dynamat, how much of a difference does it make and is it worth it?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Do a search for dynamat on NASIOC. I forgot the amount needed but there are lots of threads over there about it. I'm gonna go with Raamat due to easier installation since it does't require rollers and heat guns, and is self-adhesive.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
06WRX said:
would a Bulk Pack of the Dynamat Extreme be enough to do the 4 doors and trunk lid? Also, from those who have Dynamat, how much of a difference does it make and is it worth it?
In the 04 STI it made a good difference doing the doors (a door kit did all 4 with some leftover), but the 05 STI really is already much quieter as is (and I'd assume the 06 even quieter the way Subaru is going with it). It did make a good difference in the 04 STI, but in the 05, the noisiest thing about the car were the tires/road noise more then anything. Changing those makes a world of difference. I've also read doing the back seat/trunk will help as well.

Robert~

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just did my front doors with dynamat extreme. I still have most of sheet left.

That being said, I'd say three door kits would get all the doors done and most of the trunk.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put on 2 layers on all doors ( outerskin and inner) complete floor, and 3 layers in trunk and rear quarters ( to handle the sub) . You can tell a real difference in road noise, but the real benny is when the music is on it keeps so much sound inside. You can blast it super loud inside, and when you step outside it is much quieter , it also makes your doors sound just like a top line bmw or mercedes ( instead of a hollow tin can) just my 2-cents..........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts