IW STi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 WRX STi Sport-Tech
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This will just be an on-going mod list and journal of my 2021 STi Sport-Tech (equivalent of the Limited trim for you US folks I believe). This is my first ever Subaru and first real performance car, coming from multiple Civics over the last 12 years, most recently a FBO 2018 hatchback.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Exterior Mods:
Ceramic tint 20% front / 15% rear
Gtechniq full ceramic coating
SubieBros satin black bumper plugs
SubieBros door jamb/striker cover set
SubieBros F1 bar style rear brake/fog light
TurboXS license plate relocator

Interior Mods:
JDM dual armrest extension
JDM coin holder fuse cover
LED bulb upgrades (dome/map, trunk, license plate, vanity mirrors)
VIOFO A129+ Duo front/rear dashcam (hardwired w/ parking mode)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
2021 WRX STi Sport-Tech
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did my first few exterior cosmetic mods the other day. I HATE having a front plate in Ontario but at least this is better than adding more holes to the bumper. The SubieBros F1 light works great with minor fitment difficulties and the door striker covers really classes up an area that nobody but me will ever look at lol.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle

Photograph Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Hood

·
Administrator
8,159 Posts
Ok forgive my ignorance...what's up with the strike plate and hinge covers? Is that a northern/snowland thing?

·
Registered
2021 WRX STi Sport-Tech
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok forgive my ignorance...what's up with the strike plate and hinge covers? Is that a northern/snowland thing?
Same never seen or heard of that before.
Hah I'm not sure, I just happened to see them while getting my F1 light and bumper plugs from Subiebros. Figured they couldn't hurt and looked nice so I threw them in.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hah I'm not sure, I just happened to see them while getting my F1 light and bumper plugs from Subiebros. Figured they couldn't hurt and looked nice so I threw them in.
Haha nice. It looks good. Classes it up a bit :D

I like the relocation too. Jumped through hoops to mount mine without putting new holes in the bumper. In hindsight should've just done the relocation :LOL:

·
Registered
2021 WRX STi Sport-Tech
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha nice. It looks good. Classes it up a bit :D

I like the relocation too. Jumped through hoops to mount mine without putting new holes in the bumper. In hindsight should've just done the relocation :LOL:
I went zipties at first, the relocation is definitely more solid lol
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Cloud

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went zipties at first, the relocation is definitely more solid lol View attachment 63732
Love the zipties...Makes me laugh 'cause a friend of mine ripped my front plate off my ford ranger and he put it back with solid copper wire from some romex. It's lasted for 10 years now! If you don't mind the center bumper mounting location I just bought the subaru plate mount and it used the JDM holes. Part number was SOA342L171. No drilling was required and it came with all the hardware required. In case you want to reclaim your tow hook mount. I also got some silicone plate backers for the rear so it wouldn't scratch the paint all up, even though the plates will always be there.

Also the pure red is gorgeous. My 5 yo wanted me to get pure red but I got wrb pearl instead. Every time we see a pure red he always says, "Dad! You should've gotten red!" See these picks makes me think maybe he's not wrong!

·
Registered
2021 WRX STi Sport-Tech
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Love the zipties...Makes me laugh 'cause a friend of mine ripped my front plate off my ford ranger and he put it back with solid copper wire from some romex. It's lasted for 10 years now! If you don't mind the center bumper mounting location I just bought the subaru plate mount and it used the JDM holes. Part number was SOA342L171. No drilling was required and it came with all the hardware required. In case you want to reclaim your tow hook mount. I also got some silicone plate backers for the rear so it wouldn't scratch the paint all up, even though the plates will always be there.

Also the pure red is gorgeous. My 5 yo wanted me to get pure red but I got wrb pearl instead. Every time we see a pure red he always says, "Dad! You should've gotten red!" See these picks makes me think maybe he's not wrong!
Whats the saying? If it's stupid and it works, it's not so stupid? Haha

That's great advice on the plate, thanks. May go that route eventually.

Funny enough I wanted WRB going in to buy my STi. Never even considered the red. But it sold the night before (purchased in cash for his 18 year old son's birthday!!) So red was my only choice. Took half a second to convince me lol, wasn't even mad when I saw red in person.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whats the saying? If it's stupid and it works, it's not so stupid? Haha

That's great advice on the plate, thanks. May go that route eventually.

Funny enough I wanted WRB going in to buy my STi. Never even considered the red. But it sold the night before (purchased in cash for his 18 year old son's birthday!!) So red was my only choice. Took half a second to convince me lol, wasn't even mad when I saw red in person.
Funny...I actually wanted black but it sold the day I was trying to get my financing in place. They only had WRB which was my second choice and now I'm like, what was I thinking! I'll send you a photo so you can see the finish of the mounts. It's pretty clean, I must say.

·
Registered
2021 WRX STi Sport-Tech
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got my ceramic coating done today. Gonna be a long couple days while I wait to go get it back from my in laws garage. On the upside I will be finished the break in on my way back home!

Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Tire Car

Tire Vehicle Grille Wheel Car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts