IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MAN, talk about a puckin' stupid ass dude from the BMW dealership. Comes in looking for a BMW watch and I mentioned we only had keychains. Says, oh I can get that since I work at BMW and its cheaper. Knowing and seeing Dave's(right?) old STI on the lot there, I ask, so you have a STI on your lot, huh? 8) (thinking he test drove it and might have some good comments) He flats out replies, oh that piece of crap!! I'm like :eek: .... then :evil:
That is like the first time ever I saw an ASSHOLE crack a FART in my face. He goes on to mention a past BMW driving school which he is a instructor, goes in someones STI and has the balls to say the whole suspension sucked and how when it goes into the turn, theres always a wheel off the ground, blah, blah, blah....then I really figured out what was wrong with him, he is and will always be a moron. When you usually cut down or put down things, it just usually means that you simply can't have it or do it. AND he can't or don't know how to drive a performance car.
Oh yeah, I drive a STI!!!!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
shoulda taken your "piece of crap" against their M3.. shoot see if they'd let you put 30k$ in mods as well to even out the price difference ;) Either way you got it made, take him to the track too, those e46 handle alright, but they are leaning more towards luxury then sport as they are progressing (From the e30 m3 - fun fun car).

Robert~

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wanting to find the best deal on an STi in Colorado

What an idiot. :evil: Some people just can't see beyond the name brand I guess. By the way, how much is that beemer asking for the STi? And, what did the STi owner make the trade for? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Best Colored Rims I've Ever Seen...

m3s are a nasty track car i was never impressed by the e46 but i had a turbo e36 m3 and it would rip prolly most stis a new asshole. Stock for stock i love my sti so much more and i feel it has so much mor epotential i hate to say it but most bmw owners are elitest

·
Registered
271 Posts
Not that we want to defend the M3, but it is a trackable car especially with the SMG transmission. However, it has serious brake issues, and we have to agree that it is more luxury than performance (in contrast to the old body style M3, which really is not that old).

Nevertheless, we are willing to run our STI against their M3 any day of the year, and will spank it until frogs fly from the earth to the moon for winter!!!!

The nerve of some people.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really don't know how many miles the owner had, but it is selling at $31,000. The previous owner, I heard put on quite a bit of stuff on the STI. I think he traded it it for a 3 series but I know it wasn't a M class.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I do alot of business with my local BMW dealer. What I found out, people with 5 and 7 series cars are very cool people. They have money, and don't feel the need to show it off. But people with a 325i that got it for $25k, and think they are the talk of the town because it has "BMW" on it, are ignorant bastards. Same with Mercedes customers, people with C230's think they are better than you because they have the cheapest mercedes on the lot.

And while we're on the subject, I was in a Volvo dealer yesterday, and saw a REALLY nice looking S60 R. It was AWD, 300hp, and looked great wiht its spoiler and ground fx. Interior was smooth as can be. Sad thing is, i'm part of the Ford A Plan, so i automatically get any ford company car for invoice, but the car is $45k MSRP. Way out of my price range. Anyone ever see one of them before? Very cool looking. Know nothing about it though. To bad Ford can't own Subaru!!!!!

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
I was SERIOUSLY looking at the S60R before I bought my baby. . . . the extra $10K or so would have been fine with me. . . .

. . . . if I already had the house I want to get in another year or two. :oops:

·
Registered
422 Posts
I was an officer with our local BMW club years ago. Had a hot 2002. Came back after turning Japanese i .e. STi, and didn't have to run the track day as a "Novice". After that 10 year layoff I elected to run intermitte. Ran well with a Carrera 4. No one else came close. Got a lovely "welcome back" when a Jetta puked coolant on the back corners of PIR in front of me. I went off at speed. 120 mph indicated just before the breaking point... Just had to vacuum the grass out of the car. Passenger window was down.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i sat in a S60R which overall, i like a lot... but i swear the seats felt like pillows. comfy i'm sure, but hardly supportive with spirited driving...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd get the S60R if i had the STi and I had an extra $45k. Ford or not, i'd buy it. Its not like it is a Jaguar X-Type. Thats just an overglorified Taurus. woopie

·
Registered
68 Posts
STi suspension doesnt suck, but its not everything i want it to be, but would i want to deal with it as my only car if it was.

ive liked bmw since my E36 but, i totally agree with the statement about most lower end german car owners thinkin they are the talk of the town. its pretty lame. id take a S4 over a S60R, but id still take my STi or old rex over both.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts