IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just wondering do drop in filters help at all in performance? I might sell my car soon but I want to enter one last race event and want a little more power but I don't want to buy lets say a K&N drop in for like a .001percent increase in performance. Plus i'm only gonna use it for that one day since cotton filters do not filter well.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
for performance, its not the best mod. you may feel a tiny difference. i have a typhoon and love it. i defenately felt a differnce with that. when i had my drop in filter, the main reason i did that was to allow everything to breathe easier, not necessarily for a "performance mod".

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok that's what i figured but wasn't sure some people said yeah they can feel it others say its not worth it because of the level of filtration it does. The only one i can see make a noticable difference is the blitz one which looks like the only thing it filters is leaves and boulders LOL.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think my super $ sti filter is more restrictive than the stock one :( but it is cool to look at for 30 sec. before you put it in the box. I say be a tough guy and take your filter out for the race then put it back in. (dont really do that I am joking)

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Inertia said:
I think my super $ sti filter is more restrictive than the stock one :( but it is cool to look at for 30 sec. before you put it in the box. I say be a tough guy and take your filter out for the race then put it back in. (dont really do that I am joking)

I had the STi panel filter, and I wouldn't say it was more restrictive then the stock one. I think it was proved in another thread that it does not net additional power if any, but I did not notice any negative affects.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
yeah, I would steer clear of the K&N stick with the OEM Filter or the STI filter, paper filters tend to filter the best in most conditions. the K&N proves to filter better when it becomes dirty, I dont know about you, but I like a clean filter, and when I put a clean filter in, I want it to work

o yeah and the HP Gains K&N states,

what a load of crap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.