IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres one from downunderrrrrrrr

I'm 6'2", 180 lbs and just cannot get comfortable in the car. Other than the unsupportive seats, it seems that the steering wheel is too far forward and I have no place to rest my left arm. The door armrest is too low and resting on the top of the door is too high. On top of this, My right leg flops to the side of the console which put's it at an uncomfortable angle which makes it crampy. Is this just me (OK Im not whining) or does anyone else have these problems? :eek: :roll:
Thanks,
John S.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Yeah, and I got new seats. Cobra Opus' offer more support and give you a much lower seat position with the right brackets.

·
Registered
14 Posts
here in australia we had the 2002 model STi (bug eye) and they had much more supportive seats...the 2003 model (MY03 for us, MY04 for you) have much bigger and bulkier seats. our STi dealer kindly swapped our seats with MY02 and there is an incredible difference...we are able to go so much quicker in and through corners, now that we dont have to grab gears and fight the lateral gs so much!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Door Panels

arm rest? your hands belong on the wheel! 8)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
the Subaru seating position definitely takes some getting used to and is catered more to serious driving than comfortable cruising. I think just a touch more thigh support and some tighter lower back bolsters are all that I need to be perfectly ready for any type of performance driving.

For long distance boring highway cruising, I'd rather be in something else with more comfortable seats.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think the seats are really comfy.. but I wish I had more leg room.. my knee gets all cramped up from being bent at a sideways angle. (I'm 6'6" though)...if I go on a long trip I usually have to tilt the wheel up at a Bus driver angle to get my knee under it.

. if anyone knows an easy way to lower my seat or mount it back farther...I think that would help.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The first week i thought the seats were uncomfortable and my legs would get tired after a bit... but then after I drove from Chicago to St. Louis and I was forced to sit that way for a while. That night my legs were really tired, but I guess I got used to it because ever since then, I haven't had any discomfort.

·
Registered
542 Posts
So far, my comfort level is real good. I am 6'3 254 lbs body builder and I enjoy the long rides. From Sacramento to L.A., it's usually a real nice ride on those sporty seats. I have no butt or back discomfort to speak off.

·
Registered
131 Posts
DCCD Adjustable to 100% Rear-Wheel Drive?

The problem I'm having is the heel of my right foot is going numb during extended driving. I'm not sure if it's the hardness of the rubber floor mats I have or what? I feel that my right foot is externally rotated(leaning to the right) excessively and it's resting on more of the outside of the heel than normal. I've tried repositioning my foot more vertically and it feels better, but it's difficult to maintain that position w/out effort. I think some increased thigh support would help the right leg maintain a more neutral position. Any suggestions?
Scott

M

·
0 Posts
It takes a good 2-3k miles to break in your seats, so you may find the longer you drive the less 'uncomfortable' it gets. I certainly could tell a huge difference. However, by that time I had already purchased a new set of JDM seats, and they are even better. The first thing I did with my car was drive to St. Louis. I had to stop every 180 miles because I was getting so sore. The last trip I took to Alabama before swapping my seats out, I was able to get back to 310ish miles without stopping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts