IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a lot of different cars in my lifetime and I have to say the cruise control in the STi is awesome... in fact I find myself driving by the cruise control on loooong (3+hr) road trips...

I've had Fords, Chevy's, Mitsubishi's, sedans, trucks, etc... and the cruise in the STi rocks. Now if only you could add that lever to the other side and it would upshift and downshift...well that would just rock! ;)

Anyone else find themselves using the cruise control lever a lot ? (on long highway trips)

·
Registered
104 Posts
i can set mine while at 85mph (might be 90mph - i forget) or lower but when i try to set it for any speed higher than that, it won't set. dunno

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same here, I can't set my CC past 90mph...

Also, my Eclipse AWD Turbo was the same way.. something about the 90mph barrier - prolly some safety thing, hahahaha

Besides, I probably shouldn't be cruising at 90mph :) hehehehe

·
Registered
201 Posts
i did that during the break in... travelling on highway for 80 km/h... cant control myself 4 not speeding.. let the cruise control control me... :evil:

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've used it as a hand throttle between 45 and 75 mph. My idea of a long drive is 910 miles. Yep had to stop for fuel twice. I just smile at the State Troopers...

·
Registered
131 Posts
A Treat: Video Inside

Dean! said:
I've had a lot of different cars in my lifetime and I have to say the cruise control in the STi is awesome... in fact I find myself driving by the cruise control on loooong (3+hr) road trips...

I've had Fords, Chevy's, Mitsubishi's, sedans, trucks, etc... and the cruise in the STi rocks. Now if only you could add that lever to the other side and it would upshift and downshift...well that would just rock! ;)

Anyone else find themselves using the cruise control lever a lot ? (on long highway trips)
Agreed. I was thinking, on my 8 hour ride home in the STi, how nice the CC was doing w/ keeping the speed constant going up and down hills. Made me very glad I chose the STi over the Evo, since the cruise issue was a big one for me.
Scott

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
fledis said:
...I was thinking, on my 8 hour ride home in the STi, how nice the CC was doing w/ keeping the speed constant going up and down hills...
uhh...why are you using CC on hills? It's not very fuel efficient that way. CC is only good for long straight fairly flat roads...

·
Registered
117 Posts
My CC won't "set" over 90, but I can set it at a lower speed and then accelerate well past 90, where it will gladly hold speed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i got slammed the other week too

SnowbordrWRX said:
fledis said:
...I was thinking, on my 8 hour ride home in the STi, how nice the CC was doing w/ keeping the speed constant going up and down hills...
uhh...why are you using CC on hills? It's not very fuel efficient that way. CC is only good for long straight fairly flat roads...
Why can't you use CC on hills? Why is it not fuel efficient? CC allows you to maintain a set speed, which is much more fuel efficient then changing speeds. Hills will cause the CC to pull some more rpm's to maintain speed, but you'd have to do the same thing to maintain speed. I guess I could turn the car off and push it up the hills and let it coast down :roll:
Scott

·
Registered
668 Posts
i remember getting a rental legacy... i really liked the cruise stalk, but was annoyed that the button to turn it on and off was on the left and didn't stay on when you turn off the car. But in the STi, they moved that button to the end of the stalk and now it's perfect. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts