IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what type of car you Subie drivers would drive if money was no problem.No ridiculous like Maclaren F1 etc, but say price range of $60K etc. Mine would be a 911 Carerra 4.(Plus my STi of course :smile:)

I also note a lot of talk about the Honda NSX on the forums. We do not have NSX or Type-R's here.I've seen some pics of the NSX and I must say it looks like a mean car.Have any of you driven or owned one of those? I am curious as to the price of them and the stock specs and how they compare to WRX etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
At the risk of being called a Playstation junky I'd want to import an R34 Skyline GT-R. I think they are dead sexy. Failing that and keeping in the price range I'll opt for American muscle: a Corvette Z06.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I gotta go for the M5! Also, the Z06 makes my list after riding in one yesterday. :smile:

JJ

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JJ on 2002-01-29 01:42 ]</font>

·
Registered
35 Posts
im a fan of the porshe C4, but isnt that over the 60k$ limit? if there was none it would be a diablo VT (all-wheel drive of course) if under 60k$ it would actually be an STi. and no im not just saying that, it is really a dream car for the money.

·
Registered
95 Posts
A little outside the price range, but I'd have to go old school and say and origional Shelby Cobra. I've always wanted one ever since I was a kid

Jared

·
Registered
159 Posts
You know you can build one with a 427 in it just as the originals were for like 30-40K. I helped a friend build a Cobra Replica and it turned out awesome and was extremely fun to drive. It wasnt original but it was an awesome car at that.

Glen

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
This is a tough one cause there is really no NEW vehicle that I would want for a limit of $60k. An M5 would be nice, but that is well over $60k. Same thing with the Viper and a Lotus. Now a USED vehicle would be different. Maybe instead of waiting I would get an STi shipped over here now :smile: That might be more than $60k too. Actually for $60k I would wait and get an STi and with the money left over mod it and throw a big single turbo on my Supra.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i would get the lexus retractable hardtop (sc40?) i drove one a couple times they are great but no manual

·
Registered
22 Posts
Those Lexus hardtops aren't cars... they're transportation devices. There are pedals to make you go faster and slow you down and a circle to make it turn. It does those things very well, but it also does way too good of a job of isolating you from the road audibly and tactily(sp). It is difficult to feel like you're driving a car in one of those things. It a really strange feeling. Like you're in a video game almost. Not that it's a bad thing for a lot of people. It's just weird to me. They're really nice "transportation devices" though :wink:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can some answer my NSX query please.(check first entry.)

(Me thinks to myself.)Maybe asking about a honda was not such a good idea on a Subie forum?:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bullet-

Where are you living? In the US, it's known as the Acura NSX. My buddy signed up for some info on the NSX just before it was released (several years ago at the Chicago Auto Show) and received a beautiful hardcover book on the car. The lines on that car are gorgeous...

Sorry, never drove in one or known anyone who's owned or driven one, but I did sit in one at the auto show once. Once.

-Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
The NSX is a mid engined RWD 6 cylinder acura/honda which is in the $90k range.
They weigh around 3100lb.
They range from @250-300 hp, and most
people think they are not worth
the money. They look pretty nice
though.

Oh yeah, about the $60k dream car, Why buy
just one??? :^)

Daily Driver: Impreza WRX STI Wagon $30k (I hope)

Summer car: Factory Five Coupe ($30k kit + parts + a lot of work) 2400lb, and 400+ hp
easily.

John

·
Registered
43 Posts
2K2 Audi TT Quatro, all the way... Black with billet aluminum interior and polished aluminum wheels.

you can look up the stats if you want to

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GEOsyncronous on 2002-02-07 22:09 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 33 Posts