IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into getting a dp but need some help on what to get. ive been looking into the perrin dp. i want the most power i cant get, so i guess i wont need a cat. i dont want the cel to come on, how can i avoid that with out a cat. also what kind of exhaust give the best power gains, i dont care about sound or looks just power. any feed back would be great.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
the godspeed motorsports DP from dan is full stainless and will not ever throw a CEL. godspeedinc.com (sn: guru / god)

Robert~

·
Registered
949 Posts
Turbo Timers

i sthere really a difference in divorced vs. bellmouth dp's?
aps, b&b, and a couple others use a divorced type set-up while most others seem to use large bellmouth design
i understand the theory behind the divorced set-up, but is there a real-world difference?
i also noticed perrin's dp ties back in much sooner than most others... static: u know why that is?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I need a smooth clutch..

i think they do this *according to perrin* because it causes less turbulance. This will make the exhaust flow smoother and I wonder if it will help *if not fix* the boost creep problem, but im not sure... I would just assume it would be smoother, which is why im kinda looking at the APS, but they say they dont know if it will or will not fit *sigh* so I dont know what I will do.

Robert~

·
Registered
949 Posts
ya, i understand the reasoning behind the divorced opening.
i was jw why perrin tied theirs in so soon?
the b&b, aps, and others keep the 2 separate for a longer stretch. just curious.
i have found a place that is within a couple hours of me that can do the aps tbe, although they only have the catless version in stock.
living in mass, we have yearly inspections so idk if i should just wait for the hi flo cat version to come in.
the other shop that is semi close to me has the b&b exhaust in, again catless though...

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
chrisfx811, where is that shop near you with the cat-less system.....that's the one i want i live in ri and i can get around the inspection....please let me know thanks mark

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
chrisfx811 said:
ya, i understand the reasoning behind the divorced opening.
i was jw why perrin tied theirs in so soon?
the b&b, aps, and others keep the 2 separate for a longer stretch. just curious.
i have found a place that is within a couple hours of me that can do the aps tbe, although they only have the catless version in stock.
living in mass, we have yearly inspections so idk if i should just wait for the hi flo cat version to come in.
the other shop that is semi close to me has the b&b exhaust in, again catless though...
im not sure, but all they say is "Remember NO TURBULENCE" so im guessing that is what they are going for. I think I just found a great deal on their catted downpipe :) if so im going with that!

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I dont have the godspeed DP yet (thats just the one I really want to use), im still waiting on emails back from different companies as I want a cat of some sort in there. RT said theirs will work with the blitz with a little fiddling with (since their 3" dp is setup for a 3" full catback ( the blitz is made so that it will fit the stocksystem and most AM Dps). So I will see what I can find. Im hoping to get a deal on a catted perrin DP, but hes not responding to Pms.. so i dont know what im going to do.

Robert~

·
Registered
949 Posts
my local shop had perrin tbe's in but they told me perrin wasn't making hi flo catted dp's anymore.
they said if i wanted a hi flo cat tbe, they offered the txs and the b&b.
not sure if i want a twin tip exhaust tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts